Scope question

This is a discussion on Scope question within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am systematically getting into shotguns, but I know very little about them, especially the additional components. I picked up a beautiful used/older Wingmaster which ...

Thread: Scope question

Scope question

I am systematically getting into shotguns, but I know very little about them, especially the additional components.

I picked up a beautiful used/older Wingmaster which came with an additional barrel and scope. The scope is a Weaver K15-1 (engraved), with Weaver mount - no other markings that I could find.

Can someone tell me something about this scope and how much it's worth? The scope is in excellent shape. I tried google without luck.

Thanks!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

2. Remove Ads

http://www.weaveroptics.com/optics/r.../k-series.aspx
    Amazon.com: Weaver Classic 4X32 Shotgun Scope (Black Matte): Camera & Photo
    Apparently Weaver still makes the 'Classic' K series scopes, but the K-15 keeps coming up with riflescopes. There are also the K4, K6, and K10 scopes. I take it that it's a fixed power scope? It may be a riflescope mounted on the shotgun. Without a pic to compare to what's currently available, it's hard to tell.

Thank you, RamRod. The scope looks just like the one in the Amazon.com link that you provided. I'll try to post some pics later with the mounting bracket.
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Well, the mistery is solved. I stopped by one of my local gun shops today (first time there) to browse. I casually asked the sales attendant if he knew anything about my Weaver k15-1.

He gave me the face. Yes, the what-are-you-talking-about face. He asked me if I was sure it is not a K1.5; and I said that I was pretty sure the scope was signed K15. He said that it seems to be a target shooting scope that had no business to be mounted on a shotgun.

Well, bought some shot shells and slugs and went home. Got the scope and after close supervision (with reading glasses ) the scope was marked "Weaver K1.5-1 USA."

It is similar to this one Weaver K1.5-1 USA - 24hourcampfire, but mine is in near mint condition.

The K1.5 steel scopes were made from 1968-1984 with post type reticles. They seem to be a little hard to find. Well, I think that I'll mount it on my "new" old Wingmaster and see if I can zero with it.

Links