New Home Defense "Gun"!

This is a discussion on New Home Defense "Gun"! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The M&P15 is one of the best values going in the AR market right now! I had to add the Troy Industries handguards myself as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Home Defense "Gun"!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The M&P15 is one of the best values going in the AR market right now!

I had to add the Troy Industries handguards myself as mine did not come with them. I'm kicking myself for not going with the M&P15X like you did but oh well, it's still a fantastic little carbine!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Enjoy your new rifle. As a n00b to defensive rifles, I picked a cheapy. Yours is much more upscale.

Give us a range report.
    I was going to get the DoubleStar I saw onBuds...I think$659 deliverd, and this was about $300 more delivered, BUT with 6 30 round mags, a Troy ind quad rail, chrome lined barrel, Troy ind rear flip up sites, AND a hard case, and a "better" name with great online and mag reviews, so I saved a few and thought (at least hope) it was a no brainer.....

Anyway, for what they were going for a few months back and for what they still seem to cost locally, I took the plunge.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by RMS View Post
    I bought the same AR just a week ago. Haven't shot it as much as I would like, but it is a great shooting gun. I know you will not be disappointed.
    Did you add any optics? I want to, but I don't have a clue which ones, and don't have much of a budget for any.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDuba View Post
    Very Nice. Now get yourself a swiss grip, and ACOG, and some type of awesome reflex sight. I recommend the MARS.
    Surrrreeeee, the wife will be really happy with me dumping $1000-$1500 right at XMAS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    Yep, I want one too!
    I'd go with the IWB carry.
    Do you think MTac or Crossbread have them in stock!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    The M&P15 is one of the best values going in the AR market right now!

I had to add the Troy Industries handguards myself as mine did not come with them. I'm kicking myself for not going with the M&P15X like you did but oh well, it's still a fantastic little carbine!
    Wasnt my intention to get one with that stuff on it, but the deal was just too good and now I wont have to deal with extra parts! I have more "extras" to everything that I cold probably build a bastardized gun of some sort.

What sling and foregrip are you using?

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I am using the Tango Down Battle Grip and the Viking Tactics (VTAC) two point quick adjust padded sling.

Here is a youtube video demonstrating the sling and its what made me try it and I'll never use another single point ever again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhojNCdksYw
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Nice looking rifle. Congratulations on your new purchase.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    I am using the Tango Down Battle Grip and the Viking Tactics (VTAC) two point quick adjust padded sling.

Here is a youtube video demonstrating the sling and its what made me try it and I'll never use another single point ever again!

YouTube - Viking Tactics Sling - Instructional Video
    Thanks...that was the one I read about a few months back here but could not remember the name, I will order one today, tks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links