What Shotgun Do I Own

This is a discussion on What Shotgun Do I Own within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier I once saw an FIE explode on a range. When the cylinder closed it moved just a bit past the forcing ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Shotgun Do I Own

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    I once saw an FIE explode on a range. When the cylinder closed it moved just a bit past the forcing cone and as a result the gun started shaving lead. As time wore on and I guess the shooter didn't notice, came a moment on this range that he shaved about 50% and half went right out the rest of the cylinder and the rest went who knows where. All I remember was that when he lost his cylinder he also lost some fingers. Lotsa blood.
    Holy Guacamole!!!! I heard of KB's but thats got to take the cake!!! What if another shooter had been close by and the shrapnel had hit him?????
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight
    Great buy! Looks like it's in perfect condition.
    If you don't mind going off topic for a moment, what is that small pistol at the butt of the AR-15 in your second pic?
    An old, old break barrel H&R .38spl......shoots like a charm. It used to be my fishing gun

Ohh Team America..... Im gonna have to hold onto it for a while, my dad offered me a p89 and $150, so from that i knew it had to be worth something...... even my dads a damn jew lol. I let my dad use it for my parents house "behind the door gun"
    "That one was rubber, The next one is live"

VIP Member
    Webley used to make frames and grips like that, but IIRC the ejector rods were more pronounced. The Webley was also a Top Break revolver and this one looks a bit more modern.

I THINK that's an older H&R 38sp or possibly a 32.
    I was thinking Webley, but it didn't quite look right and I couldn't place the difference.

Looks like you were right with the H&R. Thanks, H22ate. I will survive another day with my curiosity abated.

All I remember was that when he lost his cylinder he also lost some fingers. Lotsa blood.
    That's got to hurt!
    I haven't seen a gun explode, but I have been at the range and been repeatedly peppered in the face by the guy next to me shooting a revolver. It had to have been shaving the rounds, it's the only explanation that makes sense.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Gee, I need to get a pic of all my greasy Milsurp rifles posted. I love my Garand, my M1A, my 03A3, lets not forget my Finn Mossin Nagants, and my SMLE's, but the Yugo 59/66 launching tennis balls with the Nato spec 22 MM grenade launcher makes me smile/grin from ear-to-ear!

VIP Member
    HOLY CACA! You got that Beretta 1201-FP CHEAP!!!!

I've seen them in NRA excellent condition for $400 bucks!!!!

...pssst....I'll give you $160 for it.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Lightbulb Sometimes....stuff just happens....

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Holy Guacamole!!!! I heard of KB's but thats got to take the cake!!! What if another shooter had been close by and the shrapnel had hit him?????
    I worked at the range as part time range officer and full time salesman. I was not acting as the RO that day, but was in fact on a break in the range booth when it happened talking to a customer.

But there was a worse incident. The range (now out of business for many years) used to rent guns to the public. So one day this guy comes in, rents a 38 and buys a box of ammo. Something just didn't look right. so I watch him pretty closely. He loads TWO rounds into the cylinder and I start moving from the other end of the range. He fires one shot down range, turns his body so he's back to the wall, puts the barrel under his chin and.....BLAMMO! I guess technically, that's not a KB, since obviously the gun worked flawlessly...but STILL. I guess I was about ummmm (been 20+ years) 35 feet or so away from him when he got all depressed and just lost his head, I guess....I'm sorry that sounds really cold doesn't it?

Then the management had the GALL to try and make the sales staff CLEAN UP THE MESS. After cops, EMT's and ME's Office departed with the dear departed. His brains were all over the wall. VERY messy. I quit, on the spot. I should have quit the week before when the BATF came and hauled away our gunsmith for illegally altering AR15's to M16 status....then they were ummmm exported ....to the far south.....and what is a logical destination south of Miami Florida in the 1980s? If you guessed Colombia, you'd be spot on. I shoulda quit then, and I'd have missed the suicide. ~sigh~
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Nice little collection you've got there...
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Quote Originally Posted by WJP9
    Nice little collection you've got there...
    Yea there was 2 pistol's 1 shot gun and another rifle, just didnt wanna take them outta the safe..... not to mention my dad has about 30 or so :) .....heres where most of them live...

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    HOLY CACA! You got that Beretta 1201-FP CHEAP!!!!

I've seen them in NRA excellent condition for $400 bucks!!!!

...pssst....I'll give you $160 for it.
    hmm..... thanks for the offer, but ill have to pass. 161 and we'll talk

Quote Originally Posted by blacksan
    Gee, I need to get a pic of all my greasy Milsurp rifles posted. I love my Garand, my M1A, my 03A3, lets not forget my Finn Mossin Nagants, and my SMLE's, but the Yugo 59/66 launching tennis balls with the Nato spec 22 MM grenade launcher makes me smile/grin from ear-to-ear!
    Do you like the mossin's ??? I have my C&R license but havent bought anything yet. I want an m44 and an m91

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I worked at the range as part time range officer and full time salesman. I was not acting as the RO that day, but was in fact on a break in the range booth when it happened talking to a customer.

But there was a worse incident. The range (now out of business for many years) used to rent guns to the public. So one day this guy comes in, rents a 38 and buys a box of ammo. Something just didn't look right. so I watch him pretty closely. He loads TWO rounds into the cylinder and I start moving from the other end of the range. He fires one shot down range, turns his body so he's back to the wall, puts the barrel under his chin and.....BLAMMO! I guess technically, that's not a KB, since obviously the gun worked flawlessly...but STILL. I guess I was about ummmm (been 20+ years) 35 feet or so away from him when he got all depressed and just lost his head, I guess....I'm sorry that sounds really cold doesn't it?

Then the management had the GALL to try and make the sales staff CLEAN UP THE MESS. After cops, EMT's and ME's Office departed with the dear departed. His brains were all over the wall. VERY messy. I quit, on the spot. I should have quit the week before when the BATF came and hauled away our gunsmith for illegally altering AR15's to M16 status....then they were ummmm exported ....to the far south.....and what is a logical destination south of Miami Florida in the 1980s? If you guessed Colombia, you'd be spot on. I shoulda quit then, and I'd have missed the suicide. ~sigh~

That sucks. I couldn't imagine that happening, particulary on a beautiful sunny day on the target range. Just goes to show that we got to be prepared for anything. I guess the guy was to much of a cheapskate to buy his own gun and do that in the privacy of his own home. I would have been really pissed if I had brought my son that day.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Lightbulb Such a Deal I offer!

Quote Originally Posted by H22ate
    hmm..... thanks for the offer, but ill have to pass. 161 and we'll talk
    Psssst! I'll give you $161 for the gunsafe! You pay the shipping. Can we talk here? Such a DEAL!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    That sucks. I couldn't imagine that happening, particulary on a beautiful sunny day on the target range...
    Well, it was an indoor range and usually was pretty dark anyway. I always thought it was a depressing work environment, but that is just 'cause the owner and his partners were jerks. But the media eventually got 'em. I think in 1980 or 81 60 Minutes with Mike Wallace (we all know how pro-GUN he is, right?) did a real hatchet job on the whole business....gunshop, range, exports, "Hunting Club" with canned hunts, everything. But I was long gone by then.

Psssst! I'll give you $161 for the gunsafe! You pay the shipping. Can we talk here? Such a DEAL!
    Shipping would probably only be like 900 or something

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links