What Shotgun Do I Own

What Shotgun Do I Own

This is a discussion on What Shotgun Do I Own within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Heres the story.... Went to the local gun shop to buy a pistol, a kid comes in wanting to get rid of a shotgun. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Shotgun Do I Own

What Shotgun Do I Own

Heres the story....
    Went to the local gun shop to buy a pistol, a kid comes in wanting to get rid of a shotgun. It caught my eye as soon as he walked in and I asked him what he wanted for it $300, I told him id give him $150. He then got it appraised for $140 then turned and gave it to me. It was brand new with like 20rds through it. All he told me was that he bought it from that same shop a few weeks prior, and we went on our ways. After I got it home I noticed it was a beretta. The basic description is a Beretta Semi-Auto 12g synthetic stock (kinda teardrops back like a filled in m4 stock and a pistol grip) it also came with a 3pt sling. You can see it in the pic coming up from the bottom right..... any ideas on what model it is ???
    "That one was rubber, The next one is live"

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I believe that they were called 1200FP. Could be wrong but this "rings a bell". Who appraised it for $140 ??? It's worth 3X that. Anyway you were in the right place at the right time. Good goin'.--------

Assistant Administrator
    Dang - you got a stellar deal there - even tho I can't quote model number.

Definitely right place and time
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I think the "appraisal" was just what the shop wanted to give the Seller. They would have tagged it at the 3x price!
    Congrats on the great deal!
    NRA Instructor/RSO/Coach/Recruiter
    www.mallardspring.com
    Fenix, Olight, Nitecore, AMK, Leatherman, Condor, Maxpedition
    Forum Member 8% Discount code dccwms8

You stole it! If I had to guess, he had problems cycling light loads with it. Yes, that is the 1201FP.

The sights are ok, but an MMC rear, with XS front, GR set up is prime. Benelli M1 parts are largely interchangeable- same action. I made the mentioned mods to the one I had, and cut the barrel down to 18.25", and added the Benelli firing pin retaining pin and oversized bolt handle.

I assume that you know about being able to get the extra round on the lifter? (full mag, one in the chamber, and one on the lifter!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    You stole it! If I had to guess, he had problems cycling light loads with it. Yes, that is the 1201FP.

The sights are ok, but an MMC rear, with XS front, GR set up is prime. Benelli M1 parts are largely interchangeable- same action. I made the mentioned mods to the one I had, and cut the barrel down to 18.25", and added the Benelli firing pin retaining pin and oversized bolt handle.

I assume that you know about being able to get the extra round on the lifter? (full mag, one in the chamber, and one on the lifter!)
    Yea I foget what the barrel is like 20-21 But it shhots great and never had a problem cycling. I just looked up the model and I take it the stock thats on mine isnt the factory stock? I've put about 300rds through it shooting clay pigeons and other various old household appliances :) Do you know what the max shell size is for it???

-- and no Whats this about squeakin in another round???

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Rob might know for sure but IIRC the tube was 20"and cyl. bore,chamber was 3",and it looks as if the forearm is the origional.

You can have an "extra" rd. below the closed bolt and to the rear of the first rd. in mag.

The front sight on your weapon looks to be standard,from factory also. I'll say again...... you gotta GREAT deal on that one. --------

The stock is a factory-extra, made by Choate Machine & Tool- great OEM gear. Chamber should accomodate 3", as this is Beretta's LE gun.

On the extra-load: top your magazine off, then (ON SAFE!!) retract the bolt about 1/2 way- you should be able to push the lifter down, when it tries to rise- place a shell in the chamber and another on the lifter, and allow the bolt to go forward. You can probably get a clearer description from www.hkpro.com Benelli had to use a longer mag-tube plug, when Fish & Game Departments realized 3 shooters could get 4 in this design.

At HKPro, try the search function (Benelli M1 extra round) or just post. Someone has pics, IIRC.

Yeah, the barrel is 20", and I whacked off that tad extra just because I could. The front-sight is silver soldered(comes off witha MAPP torch and Vise-Grips), and Brownell's sells a DT filler for the rear.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Looks like you got a good deal.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Rob might know for sure but IIRC the tube was 20"and cyl. bore,chamber was 3",and it looks as if the forearm is the origional.

You can have an "extra" rd. below the closed bolt and to the rear of the first rd. in mag.

The front sight on your weapon looks to be standard,from factory also. I'll say again...... you gotta GREAT deal on that one. --------
    Thanks for all the info., Now I found a pic of most of my gins but you can see the whole shotgun.....

Wow! That was the DEAL! Now, listen to me very very closely....H22ate....sell your new shotgun to RnG at cost....you need to thin out your collection!

Actually - great collection!

VIP Member
    Great buy! Looks like it's in perfect condition.
    If you don't mind going off topic for a moment, what is that small pistol at the butt of the AR-15 in your second pic?
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock
    Wow! That was the DEAL! Now, listen to me very very closely....H22ate....sell your new shotgun to RnG at cost....you need to thin out your collection!
    No, no...look closely at this...

H22ate, your eyes are getting heavy...
    you are starting to think about selling that
    shotgun to Team American...

Seriously, looks like the "Deal of the Century"!! Well done
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight
    If you don't mind going off topic for a moment, what is that small pistol at the butt of the AR-15 in your second pic?
    Webley used to make frames and grips like that, but IIRC the ejector rods were more pronounced. The Webley was also a Top Break revolver and this one looks a bit more modern.

I THINK that's an older H&R 38sp or possibly a 32.

OR It might be an even older model 38 made by the now defunct company known as F.I.E. that used to be based right here in Miami, FL.

They actually were one of the reasons the term "Saturday Night Special" came about. FIE & RG were just about the entire cheap pistol market. You could literally buy one for about $60 (NIB).

I once saw an FIE explode on a range. When the cylinder closed it moved just a bit past the forcing cone and as a result the gun started shaving lead. As time wore on and I guess the shooter didn't notice, came a moment on this range that he shaved about 50% and half went right out the rest of the cylinder and the rest went who knows where. All I remember was that when he lost his cylinder he also lost some fingers. Lotsa blood.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Ahhhh, FIE- great guns! For the bad guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links