Match trigger for AR...

This is a discussion on Match trigger for AR... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am looking for a replacement trigger for my dedicated .22 caliber AR rifle. I have a Spikes tactical ST-22 with a Spikes bolt (modified ...

Thread: Match trigger for AR...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Match trigger for AR...

I am looking for a replacement trigger for my dedicated .22 caliber AR rifle. I have a Spikes tactical ST-22 with a Spikes bolt (modified Atchisson design) And the DPMS LPK is crunchier than an emery board. Any suggestions as to a good replacement trigger assembly that will be 100% reliable and 100% compatible? Any suggestions (especially ones based on personal experience) would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

RRA 2 stage match trigger,around $125.00,simple drop in hammer and trigger
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Single stage or two stage? Modular or standard? Adjustable or fixed? Under $200 or over $200?
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Senior Moderator
    I have a McCormick drop-in trigger in my carbine, and it's quite nice.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I have a Jewell trigger in my varmint AR. IMO, Jewell sets the standard by which other triggers are judged. Their AR trigger is a fantastic two stage trigger. A bit more difficult to install than a drop in, but worth the effort.

While I have no personal experience with them, if I were looking for a drop-in replacement, I'd take a good look at the offerings from American Trigger. Looks to be a very good trigger system.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I was looking at the American trigger,never saw a price just a lot of buy it now buttons,I refuse to buy anything until I see a price,IMHO that kinda stuff is shoddy business practice and A company that tries to play that tells me their product is so expensive even they are ashamed to advertise the price
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have an Armalite trigger in one of mine. Drops right in. I don't recall how much I paid for it but I want to say it was less than $100 and took less than five minutes to install.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Pound-for-pound I have sworn by Chip McCormicks' drop in unit; it retails for about $130-150 bucks. It is as advertised, drop it in with 3 pins and you are ready to go. It is adjustable, yet simple and robust enough to last forever. I use them on my ARs and have had zero problems. Chip is an old shooting buddy of mine from the old days of USPSA, and he stands by everything he sells period.

Give Chip a call, you won't go wrong......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I was looking at the American trigger,never saw a price just a lot of buy it now buttons,I refuse to buy anything until I see a price,IMHO that kinda stuff is shoddy business practice and A company that tries to play that tells me their product is so expensive even they are ashamed to advertise the price
    They can't bill you until you give them a credit card number. Just click on the Buy It Now button. It just takes you to another page where you select which one and shows the price. Currently $279.95. Midway has the same trigger for $299.95. Brownells lists it for $279.99.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Any trigger under 150$ will be great

Out of the many I have tested the only 1 I can't say is good is the bushmaster 2 stage

Trigger

Have McComrmick on Stag Lower/Larue upper. Good for 3 gun and general shooting. Four pound pull is good, slight over travel, but for best bench accuracy lighter would be better, IMHO.

Links