Questions about Stoeger Model 2000 Semi-auto Shotgun

This is a discussion on Questions about Stoeger Model 2000 Semi-auto Shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone have one of these. Its very inexepensive thus fitting my budget. I'd like to get into shooting clays and am going to get the ...

Thread: Questions about Stoeger Model 2000 Semi-auto Shotgun

Questions about Stoeger Model 2000 Semi-auto Shotgun

Anyone have one of these. Its very inexepensive thus fitting my budget. I'd like to get into shooting clays and am going to get the 30" Barrel.

It'd be really nice to kill 2 birds with one stone (pun intended) and use this as a HD Gun as well.

Could I buy a 18.5" barrel to swap for HD?

Is it a relaible gun?

How does it hold up over time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

2. Remove Ads

funny.i was just looking at the same rifle in 18.5 inch today and saw this thread. im also curious about this rifle
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    John Wayne

It's basically a cheap Benelli. Uses the same action. Very few moving parts. So it should be a good gun. How they hold up over time is not easy to tell, since they have only been on the market for a few years since beneli took over the Stoeger name. I thought about getting one myself, but already have more shotguns than I can justify owning.

I too would like to hear from anyone who owns one as far as reliability, but I have never met anyone that has one. You should buy one, shoot a few thousand rounds through it, and then tell us all about it. :-)
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

My uncle has the Benelli version. For the price, he's thinking of getting the Stoeger for his wife. I might have to get one myself - the price is just so tempting.

Since I use my shotgun as a static defense gun for the safe room, the longer barrel vs the 20" I have on my 870 pump should not be an issue. Might also be nice to have less recoil on the trap field - fired 75 shells today, and my cheek was a bit sore!

I'm thinking about the 26" version, with the synthetic stock. Hmmm.....
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    This Stoeger is basically a Turkish made Benelli. Turkey has a long and successful history making quality shotguns. Its inexpensive not cheap.....big difference. The Stoeger model 2000 shotgun utilizes inertia-operated action with rotary bolt locking, similar to that of Benelli M1 Super 90 shotguns

Stoeger shotguns are manufactured in Turkey by Stoeger Silah Sanayi A.S. (former Vursan arms company). Stoeger arms factory, along with old and famous US-based arms importing company Stoeger Industries are now owned by Beretta Group (Italy).
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

My uncle did get the Stoeger Model 2000, paid $449 for it. Took it to the trap range a few days ago. He did not get a chance to break it in with heavy loads per the instructions in the manual.

He had a few failures to fire in the first round - about 6 out of the 25 shells had dented primers but did not fire. All but one shell fired on the second strike.

The following two rounds - 50 shells total - were flawless.

Dangit! Now I really want to buy this shotgun!

In comparison, I've had some issues extracting Winchester target loads from my 870 pump. Jammed the gun up tight. Took both hands to pull the slide back and eject the spent shell. Both with their cheap Wal Mart "Universal" loads and their "Super Target" loads. No issues with Federal target loads. So much for pump shotguns not jamming...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Pirate, is the Turkish company the same one making their coach guns and the Charles Daily brand?

Links