870P price check needed.

This is a discussion on 870P price check needed. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What's a good price for a bone stock (no Speedfeed/mag ext/upgarded sights/etc.) synthetic/parkerized 18" 870P? It hasn't been fired and is as new cosmetically. I ...

Thread: 870P price check needed.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar

870P price check needed.

What's a good price for a bone stock (no Speedfeed/mag ext/upgarded sights/etc.) synthetic/parkerized 18" 870P? It hasn't been fired and is as new cosmetically. I sold mine last year and have regretted it ever since. I'd prefer a polished blue/walnut one but I can't find that model anywhere. I may be able to snag this one up for a good deal so I'm thinking go with it.

Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    There are 2 on gunbroker, 1 is NIB for $600 the other doesn't list if it is new or not (it looks new ) for $400. There are no bids on either. Blue Book on one in 100% condition is $385.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    When they were available new locally, from one Houston dealer, before the election panic-buying, about $500-something. I think I paid right at $500 for mine in 2002 or 2003; plain bead, wood stock, Parkerized.

Lately, I haven't seen any 870Ps, and precious few other versions, except Express and Turkey guns.

Walmart in Wiggins, MS had one yesterday for $287. Looked like a 26in barrel with wood stock. Was not the P model. I would just put a short barrel on that and save $$$$ have two barrels.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Thanks everyone,

I went ahead and bought it and pick it up tomorrow. It looks like I got a good deal. Does anyone know where I can find a walnut stock for it? I just like the wood better.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Find someone selling the wood stock they took off to make room for synthetic. There are plenty of wood stocks floating around. Keep in mind that the wood on the 870P and Wingmaster is far superior to the wood on Express guns.

Thanks,

Yeah, I want the better walnut that comes on the 870P polished blue/walnut models.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Thanks everyone,

I went ahead and bought it and pick it up tomorrow. It looks like I got a good deal. Does anyone know where I can find a walnut stock for it? I just like the wood better.
    Keep your eyes open on eBay and Gun Broker.

When I got my 870 Express ages ago for duck hunting, I cut the stock down. Years later I wanted a full-size stock, and it was easy enough to find a used one on-line for not too much money. Mine are beech; nice walnut is a lot scarcer.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Administrator
    I'm sure you could find a beat up walnut stock fairly easy. It might be fun to refinish it.

I have a walnut and park P, its one of best looking HD shotguns there are. I don't think the blued and walnut guns have been made for awhile. Maybe some custom or contract guns are out there, but not many.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links