Defensive Carry banner

Because sometimes you just have to...

2K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
So, as a "Welcome Home from Iraq" present to myself, I bought a Noveske SPR. This was a limited run version of their stainless 18"bbl SPR (seen here: Noveske Rifleworks, LLC. Precision Battle Weapons.) that came with a few extra goodies and is in "flat dark earth" (AKA tan). As everyone knows, FDE is the new black when you want to be tacti-cool and up the CDI factor, so I was sold. :wink:

The sling is a V-Tac (highly recommended), and the scope is a Leupold VX-1 2-7x that I carried on my M4 in Afghanistan for 13 months. The rest is basically as described in the link.

I recently had a chance to put a few rounds through it, get the optics zeroed, and blast a few soda cans... The thing is a work of art. It's smooth, it's scary accurate, it had no bobbles in 200 rounds of mixed 55gr M183 and 62 gr M855 (and with the 20 rounds of MK262 77gr OTM that I used to zero with and test accuracy a bit). Yes, I need to put better optics on it to really wring out its potential, but at 200m (the farthest I was shooting) the battered Leupold was sufficient.

What can I say - it's expensive, but sometimes it's just worth spending the extra dollar (or thousand...)

qks

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you for your service

Nice rifle and great choice on the sling... after trying the VTAC 2 point sling I will never go back to a single point.

#6 ·
Thanks for your service...:usa:
Congrats on your fine new rifle...:hand10:

#7 ·
Thanks for the "welcome homes." Just to clarify, I didn't carry this in Iraq (for most of my tour I carried what might be considered it's opposite - a 10" bbl AR made by LMT). I had a V-TAC on that one, too, though... I agree that it's the best two-point sling out there, and that the two-point is the most versatile and is best for most applications.

As for the mounting points - I can't really render an informed opinion yet. I like it the way it is, but I haven't carried this rifle much, and not at all under "adverse conditions." I can't find any fault with the way it sits now in theory, but I'd have to put it through some serious paces before I made a solid recommendation one way or the other. I do like the QD feature, though, if only because it makes popping the sling off for cleaning so easy!

#17 ·
:hand10:^^^what^^:hand10:^^^he^^^^said^^^:hand10:

Holy CRAP!!!!
Awsome weapon

Yes, Everyone!!!
Please do this,,,,,,,,

Thank you for your service. Btw, I just uploaded a Thank You to the military in the Off Topic section of the forum...

Please watch ALL of it and FORWARD!
See post
From wkientz1 above

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw

#14 ·
Color me extremely green with envy.:icon_mrgreen: Very, Very nice.

And more importantly, welcome home and thank you.

Hoss

#16 ·
Oh man, now I want one!!!! That's a very nice rifle. Congrats!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.