CDnn Shotgun Special

CDnn Shotgun Special

This is a discussion on CDnn Shotgun Special within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; These look like pretty good deals...

Thread: CDnn Shotgun Special

CDnn Shotgun Special

These look like pretty good deals
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well, here's the manufacturer's page with some better pics: Charles Daly Defense

I've read mixed reviews of Charles Daly stuff, but no personal experience. They do look like good deals and I do have a hankerin' for a tactical auto....
    I am not a Lawyer, LEO, or Special Forces Operator.
    The writings above are not burdened by trivialities such as research, experience or facts. However, it is on the Internet, so it must be true.
    InstructorCommunity, forum for instructors.
    The Threadless Nut, my blog

Beat me to it. Was just getting ready to post these when I saw your thread. I don't know anything about the Daly guns, but these do appear to be excellent prices. The semi is right at $100.00 less than Bud's Gun Shop for the same gun, though Bud's price includes shipping. If I needed another HD shotgun, I'd sure be tempted to try one at these prices.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Beat me to it. Was just getting ready to post these when I saw your thread. I don't know anything about the Daly guns, but these do appear to be excellent prices. The semi is right at $100.00 less than Bud's Gun Shop for the same gun, though Bud's price includes shipping. If I needed another HD shotgun, I'd sure be tempted to try one at these prices.

Hoss
    Yeah I got a Mossberg 930 semi-auto 18.5" cylinder bore and paid about 100.00 more than the charles daley,but the Daley has choke tube barrel w/4chokes.that marine model for 199.00 looks enticing
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Yeah I got a Mossberg 930 semi-auto 18.5" cylinder bore and paid about 100.00 more than the charles daley,but the Daley has choke tube barrel w/4chokes.that marine model for 199.00 looks enticing
    I've got a Benelli Nova H2O that's pretty much the same configuration and while I'll bet the Benelli quality is a bit better, I paid a WHOLE bunch more for it than the price on that marine model.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    never heard of CD firearms... I think I'm still going to get a Mossberg instead.. for about $100 more
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post

Hoss
    Charles Daly does not make anything they are strickly an importer. These shotguns are made in Turkey and rebadged as CD guns. Same as Stoeger shotguns and many other of the lower end inexpensive imported shotguns. Turkey has a long history of making shotguns and the quality is on par with most US or European entry level guns. These CDNN prices are great deals and hard to go wrong here. I have looked closely at these shotguns and they compare well to Mossberg or Remingtons.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Any idea about extended mag tubes? 5+1 in the current configuration.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Charles Daly does not make anything they are strickly an importer. These shotguns are made in Turkey and rebadged as CD guns. Same as Stoeger shotguns and many other of the lower end inexpensive imported shotguns. Turkey has a long history of making shotguns and the quality is on par with most US or European entry level guns. These CDNN prices are great deals and hard to go wrong here. I have looked closely at these shotguns and they compare well to Mossberg or Remingtons.

I can't vouch for the shotguns, but Charles Daly Defense does produce their own AR parts. Either way, this looks like a screaming deal.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    I can't vouch for the shotguns, but Charles Daly Defense does produce their own AR parts. Either way, this looks like a screaming deal.
    Direct from the CD site:
    http://www.charlesdaly.com/faq.asp

Our current line of shotguns are all manufactured in Turkey.

Pistols
    Steel frame 1911-A1 pistols are manufactured in the Philippines.
    Polymer frame 1911 pistols are manufactured Israel.

Rifles
    Our Cowboy Long Guns are manufactured in Italy.

The guns they import and manufacture are of all varieties and styles from all over the world:

Handguns: 1911 Steel Pistols, from 1998 until 2008 from Armscor in the Philippines. Beginning in 2009, the new G4 model is being produced by BUL Transmark in Israel. M5 Polymer Framed 1911 Pistols from Bul in Israel since 1997. A clone of the Browning Hi-Power was produced in the US from 2002 to 2006 with components from FEG in Hungary and final manufacturing by either Dan Wesson Firearms or Magnum Research in the US. 1873 style single action revolvers were manufactured by F.LLI Pietta of Italy in the mid-2000s.

While not technically under the Charles Daly brand, KBI resumed importing the Jericho 941 Pistols from Israel Weapons Industries (IWI) Ltd. in 2009.

Rifles: Bolt action Mauser and Mini-Mauser rifles were produced by Zastava Arms in Serbia from 2002 until 2005. 1892 lever action rifles are produced in Italy by Armi Sport de Chiappa.

In 2008 they entered the AR-15 market with a US produced line of AR-15 type rifles and carbines under the Charles Daly Defense brand.

Shotguns: Over and under, side by side, pump action, and semi-automatics are currently produced in Turkey. All of the pumps and semi-autos are made by Akkar in Istanbul, but Sarsilmaz and ATA also produced semi-autos for Daly during the mid-2000s. Between 1996 and 2005, side by sides came from Zabala Hermanos in Spain and over & unders came from Sabatti in Italy. From the mid-1960s to the mid-70's, Miroku of Japan, the producer of Browning shotguns and rifles, manufactured the over & under shotguns for Daly.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Links