Usually I am not a fan of wood and steel but..

This is a discussion on Usually I am not a fan of wood and steel but.. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looks kinda familiar subnine, or should I say spyderdude?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usually I am not a fan of wood and steel but..

Looks kinda familiar subnine, or should I say spyderdude?
    Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
    ----- FMD

2. Remove Ads

NOT a fan of wood and steel ???

Wow. You must be a youngster. Wood and steel is for real. Plastic is just plain and with absolutely no personality.

Some of the finest looking firearms, even combat type, are of wood and steel.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
    NOT a fan of wood and steel ???

Wow. You must be a youngster. Wood and steel is for real. Plastic is just plain and with absolutely no personality.

Some of the finest looking firearms, even combat type, are of wood and steel.
    Yes I will be 25 years old in March so I am still somewhat young LOL!

I never grew up around guns like my Dad because my Mother did not want guns in the house when I was growing up. I didn't learn how to shoot really well until I got some lessons from my Dad at age 16 and took a CCW class when I was 22. I didn't take up firearms as a hobby until I was almost 21 so I am still a newbie. I learned a lot from reading the forums and gun rags as well as practicing at the range.

I guess the real reason I bought this shotgun is it reminded me of the shotgun on the popular PC game DOOM. It was black with wood furniture and was my favorite gun to use in that game, plus the price made it too good to pass up!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Senior Moderator
    That was a good price. You done good!
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    Yes I will be 25 years old in March so I am still somewhat young LOL!

I never grew up around guns like my Dad because my Mother did not want guns in the house when I was growing up. I didn't learn how to shoot really well until I got some lessons from my Dad at age 16 and took a CCW class when I was 22. I didn't take up firearms as a hobby until I was almost 21 so I am still a newbie. I learned a lot from reading the forums and gun rags as well as practicing at the range.

I guess the real reason I bought this shotgun is it reminded me of the shotgun on the popular PC game DOOM. It was black with wood furniture and was my favorite gun to use in that game, plus the price made it too good to pass up!
    LOL. Well, a late bloomer isn't a bad thing. Just know that some of the finest craftsmanship went into wood and steel guns. The newer "fantastic plastic" stuff is ok but it don't hold a candle to some of the "classics". Some of the best made guns were made before you were born and they were wood and steel. I own three Glocks but most of my stuff is wood and steel.

Glad you're a firearms fan and glad you're here learning.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    A solid choice and a good buy.

"It only fires 2 3/4" shells..." Don't fret at all. The 3-inch and 3 1/2-inch 12 gauge shells are overrated and unnecessary.

Funny you mention not being a fan of wood and steel. It almost has to be wood and steel before I'll allow it in the house.
    Don't discount them. They have their place in the shotgun world.

The 870 is a wonderful choice and 2 3/4 will cover 95% of your shot gun needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links