My New AK-47

This is a discussion on My New AK-47 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's a Romanian made WASR-10/63. (7.62x39mm) Picked it up a few weeks ago and so far I've fired 500 rounds w/o a single issue. This ...

Thread: My New AK-47

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar

My New AK-47

It's a Romanian made WASR-10/63. (7.62x39mm) Picked it up a few weeks ago and so far I've fired 500 rounds w/o a single issue.

This is before I redid the wood
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

And here's after i redid the wood.

The color looks a little different in the pics due to lighting and a poor camera.
    Attached Images

Nice!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Very nice! It looks great!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Very nice !!
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Love it!
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Very nice! And kudos on refinishing the stock and having the grit to do it. I'd say it turned out beautifully.
    500 rounds without an issue? Are you expecting an issue? You've got an AK. How many issues could there be?
    Great post with pics.............I like it...I like it a lot! Wishing you smooth sailing with your new AK until the cows come home or you run out of ammo.......whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member
    Nice job.

Very nice AK , the refinished stock looks good to.

A AK is high on my want list.

Nothing means fun like an AK and a lot of ammo!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Thanks guys. It only took $20 bucks (sandpaper, stain, polyurethane sealer) and a couple hours to redo the wood. The wood grips and stock were just rough and a little dirty. A fun project really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Very nice! And kudos on refinishing the stock and having the grit to do it. I'd say it turned out beautifully.
    500 rounds without an issue? Are you expecting an issue? You've got an AK. How many issues could there be?
    Great post with pics.............I like it...I like it a lot! Wishing you smooth sailing with your new AK until the cows come home or you run out of ammo.......whichever comes first.
    Well the WASR-10's are the cheapest of the cheap in regards to imported AKs. So while I wasn't expecting any issues, there are people who get "bad apples". They aren't made with the most skilled workers and the factories don't have the strictest QC.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Nice work on the stock. Enjoy your Romy AK, as many of us know its one of the most fun to shoot and reliable firearms ever made.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

You know, we need an "official" AK thread like the 1911 people have...
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Links