The "official" AK thread

This is a discussion on The "official" AK thread within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My early preban Sile Import Norinco AKM-47S. No more imported thanks to George Bush Sr. She's a safe queen along with about 2000 rounds of ...

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The "official" AK thread

My early preban Sile Import Norinco AKM-47S. No more imported thanks to George Bush Sr. She's a safe queen along with about 2000 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 ammo.

2. Remove Ads

My Krinkov M92 with fake brake (will be SBR soon) just awaiting my UPIN to go thru before I start the paperwork.

Just posted my S12 in another thread here so I figured I would share my Saiga 7.62 x 39 as well.

It was a lot less than the Rommies and Yugos for sale around here (even after the restoration/conversion).

Fun project gun that runs like a dream, no issues at all.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by krag View Post
    My Krinkov M92 with fake brake (will be SBR soon) just awaiting my UPIN to go thru before I start the paperwork.

That gun is just mean looking...wow. Makes me want something similar. Very nice.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Nothing special about it, just a nice refinished Romanian underfolder.

CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post

That is the beauty of an AK they don't have to be special. They just have to work....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post

I'll echo C Hawk Glock's comment. They just have to work when you need them to, and that's something Kalashnikovs are well known for.

ALL HAIL MIKHAIL!
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    That gun is just mean looking...wow. Makes me want something similar. Very nice.
    I agree, what the heck is that? Looks like something out of a sci-fi mob movie....... and I want it....

My first Ak, a AK-74 for $350.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    My first Ak, a AK-74 for $350.

Is that an Arsenal? Or shall I say Saiga re-configed?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Very nice hardware, folks. Very nice.

C Hawk Glock,

Thats a Century that Centerfire had on sale for $350. Finally got ammo today and runs like a top at 25 yards with no keyholing at that distance . So will back up to 100 yards tomorrow. looking like the best $350 I have spent in a long time.

Just got to replace the furniture on it, and get a scope mount to put my red dot on.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    C Hawk Glock,

Thats a Century that Centerfire had on sale for $350. Finally got ammo today and runs like a top at 25 yards with no keyholing at that distance . So will back up to 100 yards tomorrow. looking like the best $350 I have spent in a long time.

Just got to replace the furniture on it, and get a scope mount to put my red dot on.
    Century did a much better job on these or so the reports have generally been comming in, and at $350 with free shipping to your FFL is just a super deal, and nobody has beat this kind of deal in a long while. Hope it starts an AK price war between AIM, Classic, SOG, J&G and Centerfire! Glad its turned out well for you, I know you did your homework up front while you searched for your AK. Good job. Some new K-Var furnature whould look great on that 74.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Pirate,

Thanks for the kind words. I really like the little AK74. Don't get me wrong I was worried to death about getting a Century build. So much that I let the first run of the sale guns sell out, and waited on some reports of quality and barrels role in first.
    It was looking good for them so I took a chance and got in on the 2nd run of them with the NDS2 rcvr. They have a third batch on sell now with Elk River rcvr's and have been waiting to hear how they shoot.

I wish to that it would start a price war. I did notice that Classic now has a Century build that looks just like the AK74 one but in 7.62. And get this, same price $350. Am thinking hard about trying one of those to.

Like the looks of the Lancasters, but have heard to many reports of the gas ports being over sized and trashing the rear trunion. Really wish they would get there quality control issues worked out as they are about the only reasonably priced AK74's still in the game, other than Century. The Saiga rifles are a option but to do a full conversion you will pay as much as a Arsenal so you are better just to get it instead. To do the pistol grip only is still about $120 with a kit. So you are around the $500 or so mark there. Still thinking about doing one going that route.

All in all though I think so far this has been a good deal, other than the ugly furniture on it. Don't no if I want to go with some KVAR furniture or some Tapco folding , with a forearm grip.

Nice deal on the AK-74 Rigrat. Glad to hear it is working out for you. I've been curious about the 5.45 for awhile now.

Didn't realize the Saiga's climbed in price (guess everything has lately). Last one I picked up for the wife (top not re-configured in pic) a little over a year ago was 270. Mine was about that much and the conversion parts were around 100.

I looked at gun stores up in the city and was disappointed at how much they wanted for used (really used) Rommies and Yugos. When I bumped into a Saiga at a very interesting place that sold firearms I was impressed at the price and even more by the quality of build. I never heard of them before so I and did my research online and went back and picked one up. That started a bad habit. Got a few of them now. If you get a good deal on the initial purchase, shop well for conversion/restoration parts, and enjoy wrenching on stuff, they are great rifles.

Do your research on the furniture. The Warsaw K-VAR stock I have on mine is tough stuff. I have read mixed reviews on the Tapco folders, but have yet to experience one in person.

Have fun with your AK. They are simple and mean...lots of fun.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Links