Knoxx Stock???

This is a discussion on Knoxx Stock??? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have one on my pistol grip Mossberg 500. I'm 5'6" and my first time out I put 30 rounds through it with no bruising, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knoxx Stock???

I have one on my pistol grip Mossberg 500. I'm 5'6" and my first time out I put 30 rounds through it with no bruising, pain or soreness. It does what it is designed to do, reduce recoil.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

2. Remove Ads

I have one..not particularly impressed nor can I say that it reduces recoil more than 5% if that.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

I think they look dumb and like Sixto said...pointless. Mount and shoot a shotgun properly and a standard stock is just fine.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I think they look dumb and like Sixto said...pointless. Mount and shoot a shotgun properly and a standard stock is just fine.
    Remember what you like or think is dumd may not be what others think.

I guess I am half dumb since I have one HD with a pistol grip stock and one without.

EAJ
    I have one on an 870. Please with it. I like the adjustable LOP and find it’s more comfortable to shoot over prolonged periods.

IMHO I just can’t see the need. I shoot 3"00Buck out of my 12 gauge and never have a problem with the kick. I am 5'7" and weigh 140 lbs so its not like I am a big guy and no recoil would bother me.

I can if it actually reduced the felt recoil. But from hearing all the opinions sounds like about 50/50 on it does / doesn't.

Distinguished Member
    When I first googled Knoxx stock I came up with the pistol grip only style. I see now they also come in the pistol grip + regular stock style (like pictured here).

My husband ordered one of these stock+grip styles, and we tried it on the Mossberg (I just did not know it was called a Knoxx). For me, it not only did not seem to affect recoil much, but it was impossible for me to sight down the shotgun at a target. I tried it during a class and had to remove it because the geometry of it just would not work for me. For the rest of the class the plain solid stock was on, with a cheekguard wrapped around it, and I also used a strap on shirt pad (like for trap or clays).

Lastly, the Knoxx stock+pistol grip combo seemed to have way too many corners and doo-dads on it that could get caught on things when carrying it with a sling.

Just my opinion, maybe I was not using it right, but I had plenty of help from pros that day that could have probably adjusted it somehow for me but could not.

I'm sure others love them but for an unfrequent user like me it was a liability not an asset.

(the husband still likes it and we argue over whether to have it on or not.)

I love mine. I notice a big difference in recoil..so does my wife and 11yo kid. It really helps them to keep on target during multiple shots. The main reason I decided to get it was that if they needed to use it in a HD situ..they would be able to accurately and repeatedly if needed....including my 8yo. Is it nessesary? Not in the least. does it work as advertised? Yes. We don't HD with 20ga though you can if you want to. 12ga buck and slugs for us.
    Bob

Glock 30sf Ruger LCP Remington 870 HD Hi-Point 995TS Sig 556

"I'm not Paranoid.....I'm Prepared"--SGT T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links