Knoxx Stock???

Knoxx Stock???

This is a discussion on Knoxx Stock??? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone have a knoxx stock? What do you think of it if you do? Is it worth the money? Thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knoxx Stock???

Knoxx Stock???

Does anyone have a knoxx stock? What do you think of it if you do? Is it worth the money? Thanks

Administrator
    A lot of people like 'em, I say they are a waste of money. I'm an avid shotgun guy and there is no need for a recoil reducing stock. To many people get caught up in the mythical hype of shotgun recoil. Mount the stock correctly, and anyone can handle the hottest 12ga loads.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yeah, thats what i was kinda wondering too about the hype. they look kinda bulky too. But i thought i would ask around to make sure there wasnt something i was missing!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by walker77 View Post
    Yeah, thats what i was kinda wondering too about the hype. they look kinda bulky too. But i thought i would ask around to make sure there wasnt something i was missing!
    Later on this morning, you'll get a lot of guys reply. Most will say they love theirs. I'm not sure why. It fosters poor mounting techniques and creates more problems that it solves... but it sure looks cool. Just my opinion, take it for what its worth.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I am in total agreement with SIXTO and as well have not actually used one. Knoxx stocks fit in the category with the PGO stocks. They just are not practical. Learn to use a shotgun. Learn to handle recoil. Learn about how important fit is with recoil control. If the gun is too powerful for you to handle it effectively dont use the shot gun or get a smaller one.

I use a 20 gauge and I think it is just dandy. I have a youth sized Remington 870 and I can tuck the butt into my elbow/bicep or shoulder it and the poor fit of the gun is negated by the lesser recoiling 20 gauge. For my style a Knoxx stock does not lend itself to being very useful.

I had one. waste of money imo
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

I would like to try one. I had never shot a shotgun with a pistol grip till recently when I bought my boys from him. I like the ideal of reducing some of the kick.

I have one and none of those "problems" "myths" that others have mentioned are a problem. The grip if good and I can adjust the stock length, if need be. Has it given me poor shooting techniques? Not at all, but I have been shooting for a very long time before I had a Knoxx. Haven't noticed any "reduced kick" per say, its not bulky (that can be left up to the user) and useful. The telescoping part is rugged and is perfect for HD imo. Anyone in my family is able to use it in HD situations or at the range without complaining that "its too long" or "its not comfortable". Waste of money? not at all but there are plenty of other stocks out there and not one stock is for everybody. I say try it out.

I have one and none of those "problems" "myths" that others have mentioned are a problem.
    Nobody said there were any problems. Maybe more like "solutions" in the Knoxx stock to problems that never existed.

I have the pistol grip version on a 12 guage pump. It works very well in its intended purpose. Anyone try a pistol grip shotgun without the Knoxx system? No fun at all. With the Knoxx the recoil is now VERY manageable. Makes a 2 3/4 00Buck load feel like a strong .410.
    As others have pointed out...Is it necessary? Probably not.
    Is it fun to be able to pound out boxes of ammo at a range session and without discomfort...Hell yeah! The Mossy is now my lovely wifes favorite firearm. That speaks volumes.

Is it fun to be able to pound out boxes of ammo at a range session and without discomfort...Hell yeah!
    Chalk one up for the Knoxx because no matter how manly you are you cannot fire off 100 rounds of full power 00 in a range session without some kind of help.

Distinguished Member
    [QUOTE=Gearslammer;1474480]Haven't noticed any "reduced kick" per say, its not bulky (that can be left up to the user) and useful. /QUOTE]

? If you have not noticed any reduced kick then what function does it serve ? Am I missing something about the Knoxx stock purpose

I could imagine that in the breech grip version it would be very noticable, but with the shoulder stock, I really didn't feel much recoil reduction.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I don't own one but have used them on shotguns at FLETC. I like them. With normal stocks my shoulder started to get tender at about 10 rounds of 00 Buck. With the Knoxx Stock I could shoot 30 rounds or more with no ill effects.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    ? If you have not noticed any reduced kick then what function does it serve ? Am I missing something about the Knoxx stock purpose
    I haven't noticed any "reduced kick" (per se) on a 12gauge. Maybe I should have said ...Its not that big of a deal, not as much as everyone out there describes - "you can shoot it with 4" triple magnum load and it feels like a 22 short"....this was an overly exaggerated joke statement by the way.
    I have a 590 with a standard stock and a 500 with a Knoxx. Shot other 590's with a Knoxx and and other 500's with a standard stock. Maybe some people "feel" the difference more, I mean its a very slight difference nothing to brag about at all....but then again that's just my experience. To each his own I guess.

The function I see with the Knoxx, which is a plus in my eyes, is that of the telescoping advantage. It is a strong stock and easier for some people to adjust to when shooting. In HD situation (if need be and lets hope I, or anyone, never need it for this) I can shorten the stock for a house sweep. Also the pistol grip is a nice feature for ergo and a bit of control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links