Removed the barrel, taped where it slides into the receiver, taped over the muzzle and used a razor blade to cut it perfectly.
Removed the pump, unscrewed the cap that holds the tube and rails, so all I had was the plastic fore end. No taping necessary. Set tube, rails, and cap aside...not to be painted.
Pulled out and set aside the bolt, bolt sled, and trigger assembly pins. Taped over the recoil pad, taped the ejection port, taped the bottom hole of the receiver where the flipper and trigger assy go, taped the frotn where the barrel slides in, removed the magazine spring and follower and the black ratchet thingy...screwed the cap back on.
Hung the main part up from the sling swivel hole with safety wire and spray painted with tan. Then hung up the barrel and fore end and painted them tan. Let all that dry for a day.
Then I made 2 or 3 decent sized "broom fans". Sprayed with quick bursts of olive until I liked it, then added brown. I think I would have liked to add slightly less brown, but whatever, it looks good. I had all the pieces on the ground when I did the template spraying.