Defensive Carry banner

Camo painted my shotgun!

11K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  C9H13NO3 
#1 ·
The first spray took a lot for me to get through...all my guns are black, and I was so worried about screwing up the look. Made sure to do a perfect masking job and remove all the parts I could that weren't to be sprayed. It's my duck gun, so it spends a fair amount of time hiding behind brush...I figured this would be better than all black.

Whole thing minus waiting for paint to dry took maybe 20 minutes tops. Used the tutorial from here: How to Camo Paint Your Rifle and Make it Look Great - Predator Wild Forum

Remington 870 went from this:

To this: (mind you, the paint isn't cured so it's still a little glossy and the camera flash did not help either)

See less See more
#29 ·
Yep. Used Krylon fusion ultra flat camouflage, no primer. I've used it on other things before, and it's pretty durable. I've noticed it will chip a little bit after extended use on flexible parts, which is a big part of why I didn't do the recoil pad. I expect it to last quite a while. I found a matte clear coat, but I've seen it in action and makes the paint job look hazy. Probably wont use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.