Defensive Carry banner

Camo painted my shotgun!

11K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  C9H13NO3 
#1 ·
The first spray took a lot for me to get through...all my guns are black, and I was so worried about screwing up the look. Made sure to do a perfect masking job and remove all the parts I could that weren't to be sprayed. It's my duck gun, so it spends a fair amount of time hiding behind brush...I figured this would be better than all black.

Whole thing minus waiting for paint to dry took maybe 20 minutes tops. Used the tutorial from here: How to Camo Paint Your Rifle and Make it Look Great - Predator Wild Forum

Remington 870 went from this:

To this: (mind you, the paint isn't cured so it's still a little glossy and the camera flash did not help either)

See less See more
#5 ·
:bigdeal: that looks great

#15 ·
What did you do to mask the interior of the action. Tape? Clay? Did you completely disassemble the gun or leave it mostly together?

#17 ·
Removed the barrel, taped where it slides into the receiver, taped over the muzzle and used a razor blade to cut it perfectly.

Removed the pump, unscrewed the cap that holds the tube and rails, so all I had was the plastic fore end. No taping necessary. Set tube, rails, and cap aside...not to be painted.

Pulled out and set aside the bolt, bolt sled, and trigger assembly pins. Taped over the recoil pad, taped the ejection port, taped the bottom hole of the receiver where the flipper and trigger assy go, taped the frotn where the barrel slides in, removed the magazine spring and follower and the black ratchet thingy...screwed the cap back on.

Hung the main part up from the sling swivel hole with safety wire and spray painted with tan. Then hung up the barrel and fore end and painted them tan. Let all that dry for a day.

Then I made 2 or 3 decent sized "broom fans". Sprayed with quick bursts of olive until I liked it, then added brown. I think I would have liked to add slightly less brown, but whatever, it looks good. I had all the pieces on the ground when I did the template spraying.

#28 ·
That looks sweet! Did you use the same paint as used in the guide? How durable do you think the paint will be?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.