First AR - pics and questions -

This is a discussion on First AR - pics and questions - within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The first thing that comes to mind are some full sized magazines (I can vouch for the Magpul Pmags! Love 'em!). A sling would be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First AR - pics and questions -

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    The first thing that comes to mind are some full sized magazines (I can vouch for the Magpul Pmags! Love 'em!). A sling would be next, but it's such a personalized item it's hard to recommend one. Visit a gun show/shop and fiddle with a couple. Replacing the carry handle with a flip up sight will save weight and a bit of space. As dsee11789 showed, the possibilities are just about endless...
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Also since it is a Colt, there is far less that one would need to improve upon in order to get it up to some "serious social work"

Since it has what looks like a carbine gas system I would see if it has a M16 BCG as well as a H2 buffer. These two will increase lag time slightly allowing for the chamber pressure to drop a bit more, which results in easier and more reliable extraction.

Also I would pick up one of the many many 22lr conversions that are available. CMMG is the one I use, and they come with a nice warranty.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    First off its not an assault rifle. Do you plan on assaulting anyone?

Second off if you purchased the rifle with any reservation as to whether or not you would need it for assaulting then you have already succumb to the mainstream anti-gun mentality.

Third and final it is a semi-automatic rifle, not fully automatic. If you want to debate the "assault" term then a simple air rifle when used to shoot a pellet in someone's rear end is an assault rifle in the way it was used. A handgun should be called an assault handgun and a shotgun should be called an assault shotgun.

The media and others have coined the phrase assault rifle and gave them a bad reputation in order instill fear in the minds of sheepish people.

I am a veteran of over 10 years, been out for 3 years, and I have never ever qualified to use an assault rifle while in service. I qualified using several combat rifles, combat carbines, long range rifles, etc... but never did the military refer to them as assault rifles.

So with that being said a Colt LE6920 is a very nice "carbine" that could be a very good tool at hunting, sport shooting, or just collecting like any other football card collector collects cards.

I wont lie though the AR platform or what used to be referred to as GAU in some branches were soley designed for taking life in an efficient manner. But civilians have the natural BORN and UNALIENABLE right to own these weapons. At least in our country. So thank you for cherishing your rights and purchasing a carbine of this quality and usefulness.

Congratulations on your awesome and most enthralling fun providing "advanced hunting system".
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakestr View Post
    Also, how far do frangible 5.56 penetrate? Am I good with drywalls?
    Not very far at all if any. The compressed metal dust projectile just returns to dust upon hitting anything harder than flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakestr View Post
    Google churned up a few posts stating 5.56 hollowpoints didn't go through both walls but I wanted to get another opinion...)
    Any projectile moving in excess of 3Kfps will easily penetrate a wall unless you are shooting at a solid concrete foundation wall. Even then lets hope it was a hollow point. Ive shot all the way through a telephone pole with my Colt from 20 feet away. That was cheap wolf 55gr ammo.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Also: If you are planning on using this in a Home defense role at all, you really should have a weapon light.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links