Kel-tec Sub2000 - Page 2

Kel-tec Sub2000

This is a discussion on Kel-tec Sub2000 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The 33 round Asian Military mags came this morning (ordered 2 as a test group) and work just as well as the stock Glock mags ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kel-tec Sub2000

The 33 round Asian Military mags came this morning (ordered 2 as a test group) and work just as well as the stock Glock mags so far...at about $13 each.

Only went through each of them twice today, but had no feed or eject issues.

This is for anyone who might have been tempted and scared by the price at the same time.

Will update if any issues arise.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Anyone else had their Sub2K flatten one side of the brass? Noticed when I was cleaning up today that just about all the brass had a flat area on the edge...and a lot had some pretty substantial extractor marks.

Shot reall well though...and the brass isn't so beaten as to be unreloadable.
    So far I have noticed about 1 out of 20 is "out of round". Not a major problem and the flatting is tiny, on some you have to double check to make sure.

The 33 round Asian Military mags came this morning (ordered 2 as a test group) and work just as well as the stock Glock mags so far...at about $13 each.

Only went through each of them twice today, but had no feed or eject issues.

This is for anyone who might have been tempted and scared by the price at the same time.

Will update if any issues arise.

Where did you get your 33 rounders at?
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Quote Originally Posted by ramrunnr View Post
    Where did you get your 33 rounders at?
    CDNNsports.com
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

My Sub2000 would smash the side of the brass, most the first few shots from the mag.

Finally ordered one today after trying for a month to decide between the price on the HiPoint 995TS and the ability of the Kel-tec to use my Glock mags.

CDNNsports.com has them in stock and I was directed to page 14 of their online catalogue by a helpful fellow board member here. Their price is $299...which is about what one can expect to end up paying for a Hi Point if you can find one.

Now I have to wait patiently for my FFL to call with the news he has received it. Can't wait to try it out. 45 years of shooting and this is my first PCC...

You are going to be waiting a long time I'm afraid. I ordered a Sub 2000 over a year ago! Still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinfox View Post
    You are going to be waiting a long time I'm afraid. I ordered a Sub 2000 over a year ago! Still waiting.
    I just read down further. How did you get it so quickly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dustinfox View Post
    I just read down further. How did you get it so quickly!!!
    CDNNsports.com had them in stock and shipped that day...

If I were you I would look at cancelling my year-old order and placing it elsewhere.

-- L. Neil Smith

I called CDNN in November 2009, they had the G17 9mm version in stock and sent it out to my FFL the next day.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I see one or two NIB Sub2k's at the gun shows here in East Texas almost every time a show is held.

I just noticed the Sub2K is back in the latest CDNN catalogue at $299...

Page 49 Download Catalog

-- L. Neil Smith

I looked around the web, and was surprised to find out how many dudes who actually use guns on a daily basis to shoot bad guys in the face swear by this el-cheapo carbine.

Evidently, it is an excellent SD/HD gun. I need to get one, I think

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    I looked around the web, and was surprised to find out how many dudes who actually use guns on a daily basis to shoot bad guys in the face swear by this el-cheapo carbine.

Evidently, it is an excellent SD/HD gun. I need to get one, I think
    They are certainly not military quality weapons and with a lot of plastic parts would not hold up to constant abuse but as a fun plinker and HD carbine they handle that role well. Some PD's on low budgets use them as duty guns so they can sever in that role if pressed. I like my S2K a lot but I would certainly perfer one of my AR's for this role if it was me using it.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links