Kel-tec Sub2000

This is a discussion on Kel-tec Sub2000 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Finally ordered one today after trying for a month to decide between the price on the HiPoint 995TS and the ability of the Kel-tec to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel-tec Sub2000

Kel-tec Sub2000

Finally ordered one today after trying for a month to decide between the price on the HiPoint 995TS and the ability of the Kel-tec to use my Glock mags.

CDNNsports.com has them in stock and I was directed to page 14 of their online catalogue by a helpful fellow board member here. Their price is $299...which is about what one can expect to end up paying for a Hi Point if you can find one.

Now I have to wait patiently for my FFL to call with the news he has received it. Can't wait to try it out. 45 years of shooting and this is my first PCC...

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Glad you found it....Give us a range report after you get the S2K and get it to the range.

Great little "Ugly Stick"
    Last edited by pirate; February 22nd, 2010 at 11:23 PM.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Pics and range report when you get it! For the price, it seems like a nice fun gun.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    I have always loved them, but seem to always have to divert funds to more important matters.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I had one, traded it away. Shot very nice, very slick little gun.

Received it yesterday and will be firing the first time today...but it will probably be a week before I have enough rounds through it to really comment.

An initial disappointment is that my Glock 19 15 rd mags seem to be too short so I will need to get longer mags. Too bad, one selling point was the interchangeability of the mags with my EDC.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Administrator
    You can always cut the grip down. And if you buy a handful of G17 mags, you can still use those in your G19.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    You can always cut the grip down. And if you buy a handful of G17 mags, you can still use those in your G19.
    Thanks...I had just figured that out after a trip to the KTOG boards...

Think I will go with the G17 mags (and, of course, a couple of 33 rounders) since the grip is already at the edge of too short for my hand...

I just put the first 20 through it with the stock 10 rd mag with which it was shipped. Of course it needs zeroing, but gave me nice groups at 25 yards out of the box with just a quick swipe of the boresnake before firing.

So far, at $300, it seems like a great buy.

However, the trip to the KTOG might turn out to be costly since I find the PLR-16 pretty interesting...

Last edited by PaxMentis; February 27th, 2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: typo

-- L. Neil Smith

VIP Member
    I've been perusing the KTOG boards (and I posted my question there), but haven't found an answer - could I do the same thing (have the grip shortened) to a P226 model so that it would take my P228 mags?

If so, I'm just gonna have to break down and buy one...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I've been perusing the KTOG boards (and I posted my question there), but haven't found an answer - could I do the same thing (have the grip shortened) to a P226 model so that it would take my P228 mags?

If so, I'm just gonna have to break down and buy one...
    I don't know why not; I use 226 mags in my 228 often. I don't see why the KelTec would be any different.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I love mine, No problems what so ever. So far I have only fed mine FMJ. I have been using Glock 19 mags, a couple of them with Pierce +2 grip extensions (might fix your 'edge of too short' problem) and of course some 33 round mags.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I just ordered the new KT Sub 2000 quad rail with replaces the plastic forend. I will post photos when I install it next week. Its getting rave reviews on the Kel Tec forums. I will be able to mount a top rail mounted red dot and co-witness with OEM sights.

Photo from KT web site
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Changed my mind and cut the grip...took 3 cuts since I was being careful to only take off the very minimum needed.

It didn't make a major difference in comfort after all and, with mag extensions I am confident it will not be noticeable at all.

-- L. Neil Smith

Anyone else had their Sub2K flatten one side of the brass? Noticed when I was cleaning up today that just about all the brass had a flat area on the edge...and a lot had some pretty substantial extractor marks.

Shot reall well though...and the brass isn't so beaten as to be unreloadable.

-- L. Neil Smith

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    my sub2k was pretty rough on the brass as well, but handled and functioned well. Unless you reload, the banged up brass is a non-issue.

surv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links