How much for an AK

This is a discussion on How much for an AK within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 2edgesword, You are a good example of what I am talking about. By the way did you shoot that 100 yard group offhand or from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much for an AK

2edgesword,

You are a good example of what I am talking about. By the way did you shoot that 100 yard group offhand or from a bench?

2. Remove Ads

My first AK had a stamped reciever and turned out to be junk. I've owned an Arsenal SL for 2 years and have put over 1000 rounds thru it without any issues & its very accurate even with open sights. I'd like to get another Arsenal AK but they are getting tough to find & afford.

Easy enough to find allot harder to afford.

Try Atlantic Arms.

What's available today compared to yesterday.........the seconds left from the third go-round are relatively cheap. To get what you could yesterday on the seconds, $500-$750 would probably be the average if you can find them. Top of the line sends you into the +$1000 range and beyond. An AK still beats an SKS in my opinion, and I've had experience with both. I'd be just at home with most of the AKs available nowadays for a long gun as I would any Glock for a pistol. Get them while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    2edgesword,

You are a good example of what I am talking about. By the way did you shoot that 100 yard group offhand or from a bench?
    Offhand? I wish :). No, the group was shot from a bench with left arm for support.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

From what I here a Arsenal is one of the better ones and can be had in 7.62, 5.56, and 5.45 for about $800

It is the route I am seriously thinking about myself, if I don't turn cheap at the last minute, LOL.

Its all about the milled reciever that makes the Arsenal perform so well. I don't want to say that all stamped reciever AK's are junk, but if you are looking to do a lot of shooting, I'd spend more on a milled AK.

I hear the SLG-21, SGL-31, and the SLR 106 are all stamped rcvr's. From what I read they are very good AK's. The milled rcvr AK's may be better but at over $1400.00 dollars for a milled rcvr Arsenal I'd go with the stamped Arsenal's for half that cost.

There are endless arguments about "Milled" versus "Stamped", but if you take care of your quality AK, it'll outlast you, your kids and theirs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    There are endless arguments about "Milled" versus "Stamped", but if you take care of your quality AK, it'll outlast you, your kids and theirs too.
    +1. Milled...Stamped... Whatever you choose, AK's are known for two things, crappy accuracy (undeserved, they're accurate enough out to 300 meters to hit a man-sized target if you sight it in correctly), and reliability.

The biggest argument I know of for even buying milled is a "slight" increase in accuracy. Well, and the really cool looking divots on the side of the reciever.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links