Sw m&p 15

This is a discussion on Sw m&p 15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm considering either the MP 15 or this ST-15 M4 LE [STR5LE1] - $799.95 : Spikes Tactical Any comments?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sw m&p 15

I'm considering either the MP 15 or this ST-15 M4 LE [STR5LE1] - $799.95 : Spikes Tactical

Any comments?

2. Remove Ads

That's not a bad deal. Is it at all possible to swing into a local store and get your hands on one? Hate to re-echo myself, but you can get a top notch gun by buying a complete lower and throwing one of BCM's uppers on. This will cost you 50 dollars more than the S&W, and may be worth it to you to get a full mil-spec top quality gun. Since Bravo doesn't sell complete guns, you'd have to buy it in two parts, but this may actually save you some money as you can dodge the transfer fee your dealer will charge.
    Good luck! You can't go wrong either way, but this is one of the times where a couple extra dollars gets you something worth more than the extra cost.

The spikes rifle claims it is all made to military specs. The problem is they have several models and I don't know enough to know the difference.

Just took a peek at the model shown. With the exception of the Spikes buffer, it meets the requirements for all mil-spec criteria that I'm aware of. It's nice to see this from S&W because many I've handled had out of spec parts, 1:9 twist barrels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    This chart has been around for a while and while it has some good info......its a just a chart use it as such.
    And along those same lines here's something that goes in depth explaining many of the items on the chart and talks about, and why to look for what. I like it because it's not here's the chart but here's the signs of a quality AR that will last you a long time.

So you want to buy an AR-15, huh? - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com

There's no one holy grail of information, but lots of places that have good information, the more you learn about it before you buy the better, IMO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links