Do you have a sticky Mosin Bolt?

This is a discussion on Do you have a sticky Mosin Bolt? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This guy explains pretty well on how to get rid of it. I did it to my Mosin and it made a HUGE difference... Smooth ...

Thread: Do you have a sticky Mosin Bolt?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

This guy explains pretty well on how to get rid of it. I did it to my Mosin and it made a HUGE difference... Smooth like butter

YouTube - "Sticky Mosin Nagant Bolt? Making your Mosin Rock part 1" M91/30 M38 M44 M39 Finnish Russian

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I have been doing this basic procedure to my Mosin Nagant rifles for 15 years. It works very well for the sticky bolt problem. Not to pick nits, because the guy in the video does a great job but he pronounces Mosin Nagant incorrectly like most people tend to do..... Its correctly pronouned like Moye seen nah gon, not Mo sin na gant.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Thanks for the video. I just thought that was an inherent "feature" of MG rifles, but now I know better.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatCWP View Post
    Thanks for the video. I just thought that was an inherent "feature" of MG rifles, but now I know better.
    If you think about it, it's really not that expensive of a fix either. Most men that I know have tools and a power drill.

All you need are a pair of wire cutters or whatever he had in the video, a wire brush for 99 cents, some bore bright which might run 1.99, some grit paper maybe a quarter a sheet at the hardware store and a little mil-spec grease which is another buck or two. You're looking at no more then 5 or 6 bucks... it's a cheap fix that makes a difference.

As opposed to taking it to a gunsmith which would be at least a C note.

The only thing to be careful of is to watch how much of the bolt spring you take off. He said if you take off too much it could potentially cause a hang fire, so keep that in mind. Cut off one rung at most.

Great information...
    God so loved the world he gave his only son...
    Whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

W

Sponsored Links