Bushmaster XM15 E2S Reviews

This is a discussion on Bushmaster XM15 E2S Reviews within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've had my Bushy for 4 years. I can't remember having had a single issue in function. IMO, that's pretty impressive. It's complete factory parts, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bushmaster XM15 E2S Reviews

Senior Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    I've had my Bushy for 4 years. I can't remember having had a single issue in function. IMO, that's pretty impressive. It's complete factory parts, no internal mods have been made. I have not run any tough and trying courses with it, i havent slung it in the mud. But it gets used and ignored and, like a good dog, is happy to be handled when i get around to it. Of course now it's worth a bazillion dollars.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

2. Remove Ads

Failing to seat mag correctly?????

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    I ran one for 2 days & 1500 rounds at tactical response's fighting rifle class.

Only operator induced problems such as short stroking the bolt and failing to seat a mag correctly.

It got dirty, muddy and generally ran through the ringer in a lot of 5 30 round mag strings of fire.

It ate from dirty magazines and was fed ammo that was picked up out of the mud.

Only needed 1 application of red lithium wheel bearing slime on day 2 when the gun was bone dry and dirty as hell from not being cleaned after day 1.

If you are going to buy a rifle costing $1,000 or more, take a class on how to fight with it.

You don't want to be carrying that nice weapon for someone else to bushwack you for your bushmaster.
    Is mag seat failure an on going problem with XM15-E2S??

no i never had a problem with mag seat with mine i dont think you will have any problem i had mine 4 years never had a jam or mag seat failure, you just gotta slap it hard with a closed bolt with a full mag, i usually open my bolt and lock it before inserting a full mag at the range i like to baby my rifle but you can put a full mag in it with a closed bolt just slap the bottom of the mag no problems.
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

A 'push/pull' would be better than slapping a mag to get it seated. Hitting it in can actually induce a malfunction, damage the magazine, etc.

ETA: looks like this thread is going to live forever...
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Happy with mine. It loves the new Pmag 40s. I load them with 40 rounds closed bolt no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmPro View Post
    must have been fun taking that class i would love to go thru 1500 rounds in 2 days with it !
    The US Army or Marine corp will be glade to help you with the class. Heck two days will just be a start. They even pay you to do it.
    1500 rounds ,heck they will put you on the SAW burn that up in minutes.
    Weeks of dry fire clearing then live rounds it is a lot of work.

I picked up a new Bushy Carbon 15 with the red dot sights yesterday; my first AR; more "for fun" than anything else. The price was right (a bit under $700) and although I read about some frame cracking on guns that were being worked hard, I doubt I'll be subjecting mine to any severe duty. I'm looking forward to getting familiar with it and getting to the range to play a little. Not the best; not the worst, from what I've read and heard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links