Bushmaster XM15 E2S Reviews

This is a discussion on Bushmaster XM15 E2S Reviews within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone have a Bushmaster Rifle? If so are they a keeper? i am thinking either to keep mine or trade it in for a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bushmaster XM15 E2S Reviews

Bushmaster XM15 E2S Reviews

Does anyone have a Bushmaster Rifle? If so are they a keeper? i am thinking either to keep mine or trade it in for a higher end Ar15.
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I do not own one but have shot them in the past. They operate and feel like just about any other AR on the market to me. Bushmaster has been in the black rifle business for quite some time so they must be doing something right.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I ran one for 2 days & 1500 rounds at tactical response's fighting rifle class.

Only operator induced problems such as short stroking the bolt and failing to seat a mag correctly.

It got dirty, muddy and generally ran through the ringer in a lot of 5 30 round mag strings of fire.

It ate from dirty magazines and was fed ammo that was picked up out of the mud.

Only needed 1 application of red lithium wheel bearing slime on day 2 when the gun was bone dry and dirty as hell from not being cleaned after day 1.

If you are going to buy a rifle costing $1,000 or more, take a class on how to fight with it.

You don't want to be carrying that nice weapon for someone else to bushwack you for your bushmaster.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    I ran one for 2 days & 1500 rounds at tactical response's fighting rifle class.

Only operator induced problems such as short stroking the bolt and failing to seat a mag correctly.

It got dirty, muddy and generally ran through the ringer in a lot of 5 30 round mag strings of fire.

It ate from dirty magazines and was fed ammo that was picked up out of the mud.

Only needed 1 application of red lithium wheel bearing slime on day 2 when the gun was bone dry and dirty as hell from not being cleaned after day 1.

If you are going to buy a rifle costing $1,000 or more, take a class on how to fight with it.

You don't want to be carrying that nice weapon for someone else to bushwack you for your bushmaster.
    must have been fun taking that class i would love to go thru 1500 rounds in 2 days with it !
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

Lead Moderator
    Bushmaster makes a good mid grade AR.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmPro View Post
    must have been fun taking that class i would love to go thru 1500 rounds in 2 days with it !
    Actually, it was cold, wet, muddy and cold.

The first day I dam near froze to death, the second day, it was slightly warmer and I got slimed from head to toe in TN's wonderful red clay turned into mud.

Great training from Tactical Response.

It's a high volume of fire class because it's teaching you how to fight offensively with a shoulder mounted weapon.

You aren't learning how to solve a problem that came to you by using your daily carry weapon - you learn to be the problem for the other gun with a rifle.

It's a high volume of fire class and the round count is necessary.
    StormRhydr likes this.

If you are going to buy a rifle costing $1,000 or more, take a class on how to fight with it. .
    Truer words were never spoken. Good to hear you're a believer.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have one and love it. I carry it on duty with me every time I hit the streets. It is a great match for the Remington 870 Marine Magnum and Glock 19 that also see patrol time.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Does anyone have a Bushmaster Rifle? If so are they a keeper? i am thinking either to keep mine or trade it in for a higher end Ar15.
    You own the rifle what do you think? Have you shot the rifle yet? Are you having issues with it? If it performs for you whats the problem? Practice with it, train with it and then make up your own mind would be my advice to you.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

9mmPro,
    I have had mine for a couple of years now and have been through a couple of longarm training courses with it. I've had no problems at all. I now have around 2000 rounds through it.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I like the Bushmaster rifles....a lot. I'm on my fourth one from them, never any issues that haven't been taken care of through customer service. I keep all of my firearms well maintained, and I depend on my Bushmaster just like any of the others I have.

I have one and love it.. Never had one single problem..

34 hand guns and still going.....

EX-NRA lifetime Member

thanks for the info i just wanted more opinions if its a keeper i put about 400-500 rounds thru mine already, i wanted an FN57 but i am torn between selling my Bushmaster so i can buy one... guess i will keep the Bushmaster and buy a FN57 or a higher end ar15 but Bushmaster is satisfactory so far i really want the 57.
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

I've shot a 5.7...unless you really like spending a lot of money on ammo, just use a 5.56 rifle and be happy.

I've shot a 5.7...unless you really like spending a lot of money on ammo, just use a 5.56 rifle and be happy.
    yeah thats what i though i was looking at the prices of the 57 ammo and 50 rounds wont go very far.. but its a sweet looking gun i guess i will keep my Bushmaster and get the FN57 later for my main carry gun.
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links