.40 cal pistol cal AR

This is a discussion on .40 cal pistol cal AR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I have been watching with interest all of the pistol caliber carbines and AR pistols coming out. I looked at Olympic arms set up ...

Thread: .40 cal pistol cal AR

.40 cal pistol cal AR

So I have been watching with interest all of the pistol caliber carbines and AR pistols coming out. I looked at Olympic arms set up for 9mm w/ 6 1/2 inch barrel. Reads as if they are a caliber specific blowback roller set up similar to MP5? I have always wanted a .40 cal AR pistol like this for home defense. Does anyone have experience with them?

I am sure there are opinions galore, but wanted to know specific experience?

2. Remove Ads

Ok, so no experience. Let the opinions begin. I like the idea of a pistol caliber carbine w/ 6/5" barrel for household defense. My handguns are .40 s&w and I like that it has more juice then a 9mm. I love the mp5 but I cannot afford a H&K obviously and I certainly don't want to do the paperwork for automatic or sbr. This is my line of thinking. I have a full size battle rifle for the reach out and touch someone kinda work. This is for fun and for up close.

If you like the idea of the pistol carbine and it proves to be a reliable setup then go for it. Personally I wouldn't go that way, but your situation is surely different. I think I'd be inclined to go the pistol, shotgun, and (in case of a true catastrophe) rifle setup personally though.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I love my PCC. It is a Spikes Tactical 9mm. This rifle has never malfunctioned and just runs like a Swiss watch. Cheap to feed and loads of fun. 1120 FPS through the chronograph yesterday. Same ammo out of the Walther PPS was only at 910 FPS www.spikestactical.com

The FBI likes the .40 caliber AR's too. They spec theirs with purpose built lowers as opposed to a standard AR lower with a mag well adapter like is in my rifle.

FBI Purchasing .40 S&W AR-15 carbines | The Firearm Blog

Links