Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance?

This is a discussion on Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; The National Rifle Association of America has launched NRA Carry Guard, a program created to provide America’s most comprehensive insurance and legal coverage, as well ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance?

Administrator

The National Rifle Association of America has launched NRA Carry Guard, a program created to provide America’s most comprehensive insurance and legal coverage, as well as best-in-class training for those who carry a gun. NRA Carry Guard members can access many great benefits including legal assistance and the ability to select their own counsel, as well as immediate access as needed to supplementary payments for bail, legal retainer fees, compensation while in court and more. NRA Carry Guard is the only membership program for self-defense insurance and training developed and supported by the NRA, representing the next evolution in freedom’s defense from the most powerful civil rights organization in American history. American Rifleman
    What are your thoughts on concealed carry insurance?

Do you feel this is something people need?
    UrbanHandgunner likes this.
    Follow DefensiveCarry.com on Facebook!

VIP Member
    No.
    "I'm set up to play a game right now. However, I doubt most people would want to get into a gun fight with me."

Rob Leatham

No. That's probably the least likely insurance policy I'm going to be shopping for.
    OldChap, Renaldow and Chicagobill like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

No. I'm in Texas - if it's a justifiable shoot, they can't sue you. If it isn't, the insurance won't pay anyway.
    Havok, Chicagobill and OldChap like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

I feel this is insurance for people who feel they never have enough insurance. Not knocking the named, specific insurance above, just carry insurance in general. For those that end up using it, I'm sure it's great. But chances are most of their customers aren't going to ever have to use it.

Distinguished Member Array paulinsf's Avatar
    Yes. I am a member of the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network. I have heard and read too many horror stories of folks who have been ruined financially and even ended up in jail or prison after a justified self defense firearms use. Even though the county I live in is rural, conservative and gun friendly and I probably wouldn't have any problem here, the adjoining county and everything to my north has the same anti-gun attitude as San Francisco. If, God forbid, I do need to use my firearm to protect my or someone else's life, then I want an attorney well schooled in 2nd Amendment rights at my side ASAP. I don't skimp on home or auto insurance. Why would I begrudge myself the 50 cents a day it costs to belong to the Network? The saying "Penny wise and pound foolish" comes to mind.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    - Thomas Jefferson

We had a thread on this and it was decided that what you got from the insurance is not what you think.
    That is My Tactical Girl Friend!

VIP Member
    We had a thread on this
    Note to OP Administrator: Perhaps it would be good to search the older threads on a subject - particularly one like this - before starting a new one that you put as front and center on your home page?

Personal response: I read the NRA write up about their sponsored coverage and it seemed to be better than most out there IF you decide this kind of insurance is what you want or need.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Senior Moderator
    We have a lot of new members here now, so we thought it was probably time to revisit the topic. I even forget some things occasionally.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

I think it's ridiculous that the NRA is offering insurance at all. I'd rather them just lobby for our rights instead of becoming a for profit organization. JMO.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    I think it's ridiculous that the NRA is offering insurance at all. I'd rather them just lobby for our rights instead of becoming a for profit organization. JMO.
    Lobbying costs money. Just remember the other side has people like Soros and Bloomberg giving blank checks to the other side.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...t-all-of-them/
    Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Assistant Instructor @ http://www.green-ops.com/ Located in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area "Why should your training be any less special?"

I bought it because so many people said no....I just have to be different............I don't even like it but I bought it......
    Michael_Js likes this.
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids! C. Eastwood

Is that pistol a CZ photo-shopped to remove its markings ??? nice looking piece
    Chicagobill and txmoto like this.

Distinguished Member Array notavictim's Avatar
    If I lived in a communist anti gun state like Mass, maybe. Fortunately I live in a free state that actually encourages self defense, so no.
    BamaT, Chicagobill and OldChap like this.
    “Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Sheriff Jim Wilson

When I die, I want to go like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep, not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

Pretty sure my insurance guy would like to sell it to me if he knew I carried.
    Chicagobill likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links