New FFL Forum

This is a discussion on New FFL Forum within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 4tysmith Ok Thanks Tod, And In being labeled a Mfg. I can still Operate as a fully functional gun store and sell ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New FFL Forum

Quote Originally Posted by 4tysmith View Post
    Ok Thanks Tod, And In being labeled a Mfg. I can still Operate as a fully functional gun store and sell anything I want/and build my own/ everything that goes with Type 01?
    If you're an 07/02 you can build and deal with everything except DD.

And On to 07/03 that would mean could also do DD?
    No. The 07/02 will not allow DD. DDs are a separate FFL, the DD manufacturer type is a type 10 and is $3,000 for a 3 year license. Unless you have money to blow or are selling to the military, it's not even close to worth it. DDs are not popular by any means in the NFA world. Short barreled weapons and suppressors are the top 3, with machine guns being the #4 spot. AOWs and DDs are far behind.
    4tysmith likes this.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

2. Remove Ads

Awesome Tubby Thanks, Just Inbox here when you will have time and I'll call you on my dime your time
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson

That's a carryover of people incorrectly using the term "Class 3" when speaking about Title II or NFA firearms. Some think everything dealing with them is a "Class 3" thing. Using the correct terms can only hope to change this.
    4tysmith likes this.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Thank you Both!! That my friends Is Double clarification! lol...But with a 07/02 what about the destructive devices? Not that It's real Important to me But what If I wanted to buy a grenade of some type?
    ie..smoke, flash bangs stuff like that? Or If I had a client that wanted one?
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson

Oh, and Yes, as a Type07, you are a dealer AND a mfgr....DD are a whole new ball game...and as tubby45 says- not that widespread. NFA stuff like suppressors, short barreled, and auto are much more popular but know state laws on ownership. Always remain compliant.
    4tysmith likes this.

Ok It seems the forum got behind because you had already answered questions as i was typing others but I think I have it for now! If something comes up I'll Holler lol and Tubby If the offer still stands just inbox me sometime! It's strange I can't get any Local FFL's to talk to me, I guess It's a Competition thingy!

Thank you Both!! That my friends Is Double clarification! lol...But with a 07/02 what about the destructive devices? Not that It's real Important to me But what If I wanted to buy a grenade of some type?
    ie..smoke, flash bangs stuff like that? Or If I had a client that wanted one?
    As in my post #16, not the 07 is for firearms other than destructive devices. Unless you have a DD FFL, you can't do anything with DD.

Here's a picture of my 07 FFL clearly stating the type and purpose of the license:
    4tysmith likes this.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

. NOTE: Mfgrs fall under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. It essentially says that you have a $2250/yr fee to the State Dept. They did it to help keep military secrets from being exported and such. Haven't known of anyone getting hit with it, but it is a possibility in the future.

Is this Something that has to be upfront and every year there after? In Response to an 07/02...

. NOTE: Mfgrs fall under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. It essentially says that you have a $2250/yr fee to the State Dept. They did it to help keep military secrets from being exported and such. Haven't known of anyone getting hit with it, but it is a possibility in the future.

Is this Something that has to be upfront and every year there after? In Response to an 07/02...
    It is something that is 'on the books', but hasn't been enforced. I think I read that it has been around for some 30 years or so.

So are you saying It doesn't have to be paid Up Front, But they could at anytime say we need $2250...That kinda messed up, But I guess a guy/gal needs to keep a stash just in case!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyInUse View Post
    It is something that is 'on the books', but hasn't been enforced. I think I read that it has been around for some 30 years or so.

For the most part, yes, it seems that way. I think it would cause quite an uproar of they just suddenly started enforcing it. I would think it would possibly have some sort of phase-in period, but that is just speculation. Not really sure, and don't know that anyone really is at this point. It's just something that you should know is out there, but isn't being enforced at this time. I think it is worth the risk considering what a 07/02 allows. I considered it worth it, and like you I didn't want to wish I had done it from the start and have to re-apply again to get it. It's a personal decision but since I was warned of it, wanted to make sure that you knew as well so you could weigh it against the benefits of an 07/02...

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyInUse View Post
    For the most part, yes, it seems that way. I think it would cause quite an uproar of they just suddenly started enforcing it. I would think it would possibly have some sort of phase-in period, but that is just speculation. Not really sure, and don't know that anyone really is at this point. It's just something that you should know is out there, but isn't being enforced at this time. I think it is worth the risk considering what a 07/02 allows. I considered it worth it, and like you I didn't want to wish I had done it from the start and have to re-apply again to get it. It's a personal decision but since I was warned of it, wanted to make sure that you knew as well so you could weigh it against the benefits of an 07/02...
    Oh I agree 100% I will have those funds In an envelope In my safe like a "rainy day fund" and I So appreciate the heads up on this!!
    And Yes I want 07/02 Right front then my base's are covered and all I would have to worry about Is maybe an address change someday which appears to be fairly run of the mill paperwork! The Only reason i keep talking about that is where 'm opening my store Is a relatively Small Town, But I sit in the corner of 3 Counties! So I can hope to gain 30 mile radius business! Iguess even with a Store Front we Can still sell On Line too right?...May Pick up some there too especially when I start Mfg. Some Specialties!! I hope I'm not too much of a pain but It Is just SO much nicer to hear info from an already existing/working FFL than It Is to read from ATF writings!

Oh I agree 100% I will have those funds In an envelope In my safe like a "rainy day fund" and I So appreciate the heads up on this!!
    And Yes I want 07/02 Right front then my base's are covered and all I would have to worry about Is maybe an address change someday which appears to be fairly run of the mill paperwork! The Only reason i keep talking about that is where 'm opening my store Is a relatively Small Town, But I sit in the corner of 3 Counties! So I can hope to gain 30 mile radius business! Iguess even with a Store Front we Can still sell On Line too right?...May Pick up some there too especially when I start Mfg. Some Specialties!! I hope I'm not too much of a pain but It Is just SO much nicer to hear info from an already existing/working FFL than It Is to read from ATF writings!
    You can do both walk-in and mail order. The rules are different for mail order when you ship to another state, relying heavily on what state you are shipping to. Sticking to only shipping to a local FFL in that state for pick up is a good practice to stick to since it's really the only way to go. Section 478.96 of the reference guide that I mentioned before covers out of state and mail order sales.
    Not a pain at all. Ask away. As I said, I'm no expert, but have learned a lot and am happy to share what I know.

""Not a pain at all. Ask away. As I said, I'm no expert, but have learned a lot and am happy to share what I know.""

Ok I will and Thankyou! As they pop into my head I'll put them here!!

I'm an LLC, basically a hybrid corporation. Doesn't make much difference as the corporation will be the FFL and you, personally, will not be. All this really means is if you want to buy a personal gun, you'll have to run a 4473 on yourself just like any customer because you don't have the FFL, the corporation does.

The Blue Letters Is the Quote!..

So I'm wondering If maybe being a Corporation Is not such a good Idea?..... Or If Is, Why? If I want a Personal gun I have to sell back to myself, Also Maybe this would be better asked to a Business Major lol..
    But Even though I have a Corporation..Could I put the FFL just In my Name?..And have the gun shop be kind of like sub-contracted in side the Sporting goods store which I plan to have along with the Gun part of It?
    Any Thoughts or Input on this would be much appreciated!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links