How to find a local FFL

This is a discussion on How to find a local FFL within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK this is pretty standard stuff but for those new to the forum this may be worth your while. I have used this easy technique ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Busby
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: How to find a local FFL

VIP Member

How to find a local FFL

OK this is pretty standard stuff but for those new to the forum this may be worth your while.

I have used this easy technique to find a local FFL. First go to GunBroker.com

Then go to their "For Buyers" link at the top right of the page. Once you click on that link you will see a number of links containing information that will help you learn more about buying firearms online. The link we are most interested in for this discussion is the "Find a transfer dealer" link.

Once you select that link you will be directed to a screen that allows you to enter your zip code and do a local search for FFLs. This search will yield a list of FFLs with locations, contact information and pricing. I suggest a few calls to multiple FFLs to see who you think you might like best. Prices for a transfer run from $10 to $50 with $20 to $25 being the average. IMO if you are paying more than $25 you are paying too much.

This whole process is quick and easy so don't be afraid to do it. Having a good FFL that you like and trust will open up a whole new world of firearms shopping for you.

For your convenience I have directly linked the GunBroker.com FFL zip code search page for you. Give it a try!

Link: GunBroker.com - FFL Holder Network
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

This link will help you find any register dealers in your city.

FFL Providers - Gun Attic
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
    -Thomas Jefferson-

I signed up on there yesterday hope it works

It seems to me that Bud's gun shop online has the best list going. Just go to thier site, and thier prefered list of FFL's are very acclimated to transfers, and usually thier prefered ones are the best priced to, and you don't have to buy from Buds to use them, but it is nice are they are already set up to recieve shipments from them and it simplifies the purchase.

Thanks for the links, they really help.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Bump.

VIP Member
    Fact is, many FFL finder databases list all current licensees although not all FFL's accept transfers. A list of all current licensees can be found here: Statistics - Listing of Federal Firearms Licensees | ATF. The reliability of any FFL database is only as good as how well it is maintained. FFL's are added and licenses also expire on a monthly basis. Some Dealers including mine maintain names of FFL's we have done business with in the past. Even those must be periodically checked and updated. FFL Dealers like most businesses change addresses, phone numbers and other contact information from time to time and some do go out of business or have expired licenses.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Fact is, many FFL finder databases list all current licensees although not all FFL's accept transfers. A list of all current licensees can be found here: Statistics - Listing of Federal Firearms Licensees | ATF. The reliability of any FFL database is only as good as how well it is maintained. FFL's are added and licenses also expire on a monthly basis. Some Dealers including mine maintain names of FFL's we have done business with in the past. Even those must be periodically checked and updated. FFL Dealers like most businesses change addresses, phone numbers and other contact information from time to time and some do go out of business or have expired licenses.
    That's why I like the Gun broker database. It lists FFLs that sign up with GunBroker directly so that you already know they accept transfers. It also lists their prices as well.

ETA: Can we sticky this thread?

You're a pretty smart cookie MrTim It's always been my belief most folks what live in the country got more going on (between the ears) than typical city folks.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links