Advice needed

Advice needed

This is a discussion on Advice needed within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Note sure if this is the correct forum to post this in. If not Mods please move it to the correct forum. Some background info ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Yoda

Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Note sure if this is the correct forum to post this in. If not Mods please move it to the correct forum.
    Some background info
    A friend of mine's scumbag on again off again boyfriend stole her late grandfather's 1913 vintage Colt Model 1911. He proceeded to cross state lines from NY into Massachusetts and sell it to a gun shop. The gun shop has since sold it to a dealer in Arizona.
    She doesn't have the serial number of the firearm unfortunately. The gun shop confirmed this POS sold 1911 there in December.
    This loser has a record so he has no CCP.
    What should I tell her to do
    Thanks in advance(and yes I told her to file a Police Report ASAP)
    Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel Tec P3AT, Ruger LCR,Ruger SR1911,SKS, Mossberg 500,Mosin Nagant 91/30, Mossberg Plinkster,Beretta Tomcat and a boatload of knives

Remove the title 'boyfriend' NOW!
    Let the police handle the firearm theft, and stay as far away from this dirtbag as possible.
    If your friend doesn't end this relationship, she's a foolish lady.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Your friend doesn't have the S/N of the gun, but the gun shop does if they bought and resold the gun.

But retsupt is right - it's a police matter. You might casually suggest to your friend that a guy who steals from her isn't worth having a relationship with.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Stay away from the whole situation. Don't get involved in affairs of the heart.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    If the gun means that much to her and you have tracked it buy it back. As others have said becarful when dealing with on/off affairs.

Hmm,

1. Call police for known crime.

2. Don't ask for Dear Abby/Dr Phil advice in a gun/self defense forum.
    Inspector71 and Chesafreak like this.

Thanks for all of the replies..they pretty much echo my thoughts.. My first comment to her was let the cops sort it out. As far as buying it back, not gonna happen.. I know it went to Arizona, but that's all. I have no idea who the dealer is or if they still have it. The extent of my involvement was to ask the question here and relay the answers to her..Again thanks for the replies and advice
    Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel Tec P3AT, Ruger LCR,Ruger SR1911,SKS, Mossberg 500,Mosin Nagant 91/30, Mossberg Plinkster,Beretta Tomcat and a boatload of knives

Links