Taurus manufactuer gun & their warranty-Alert!

This is a discussion on Taurus manufactuer gun & their warranty-Alert! within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have purchased 4 Tauras Manufactered gun (Heritage is one) and had warranty problems with 3 out of 4 of the guns. On the Heritage ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus manufactuer gun & their warranty-Alert!

Taurus manufactuer gun & their warranty-Alert!

I have purchased 4 Tauras Manufactered gun (Heritage is one) and had warranty problems with 3 out of 4 of the guns. On the Heritage (mfg in Miami) 1 week after purchase I took it to the range, but the 22LR cylinder does not index properly, bu the 22 Mag work good. Called Taurus that referenced me to the local (Miami) number for warranty and they require me to pay for shipping their bad gun basck to them. S&W and Ruger send a Call Tag for warranty weapons. Please warn your customer that if a warranty repair is required, they MUST pay the shipping (UPS or FEDeX). This would reduce the FFL's profit if they have to pay for repair shipping and I do not think is is right.

2. Remove Ads

I had to return a Rock Island Armory 1911A1 to Armscor, TWICE for warranty work. I had to pay postage the first time, they the second time.

I have to admit that they have a great lifetime warranty. Two weeks after they received my pistol back the second time they informed that they were and did send me a NEW pistol to replace the one I sent back for repairs.

Having to pay postage for warranty work sucks, but getting a new replacement was great.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drjpark View Post
    I have purchased 4 Tauras Manufactered gun (Heritage is one) and had warranty problems with 3 out of 4 of the guns. On the Heritage (mfg in Miami) 1 week after purchase I took it to the range, but the 22LR cylinder does not index properly, bu the 22 Mag work good. Called Taurus that referenced me to the local (Miami) number for warranty and they require me to pay for shipping their bad gun basck to them. S&W and Ruger send a Call Tag for warranty weapons. Please warn your customer that if a warranty repair is required, they MUST pay the shipping (UPS or FEDeX). This would reduce the FFL's profit if they have to pay for repair shipping and I do not think is is right.
    I've read elsewhere that Taurus pays for shipping. Did you demand that they pay for shipping?

In the field of statistics, it's risky to rely on one data point.

I've sent a new Taurus back 3 times the first 4 months I had it, didn't cost me a dime and now it's a shooter.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

Ive never had to send the one I own back PT22

From what I read the 1st year Taurus will pick up the shipping, but after that the owner of the gun will need to pay for shipping which I think is reasonable. Call again and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor. Also from what I read, the new CEO is intent in improving Taurus' image and service, so you may want to remind then of that message to whomever you speak to at their customer service. When I get home, I will *try* and see if I can find the article. God Bless

VIP Member
    I've owned 3 Taurus in my lifetime and never had a single problem. I hear these horror stories all the time on here but wonder why I have not have these experiences. I still own 2 of them and they are great shooters even after hundreds of rounds shot through them. The only problem I have ever had with a new gun purchased is a Glock 17 I bought. After about 50 rounds shot through it, the exactor chipped. I took it back to the dealer and he had it back to me in 3 days. Never had another problem. Why are people taking thier new non working weapons back to the dealer where they bought them? My dealer would not hesitate to take back or dig into his profits to remedy the problem. If this is not a new weapon then I would understand the postage. It is a lifetime warranty.

Sold my Taurus and bought a SIG - no more problems now!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Senior Moderator
    I own three taurus pistols and I haven't had a problem out of them
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Regardless of who pays - Taurus' warrantee follows the gun, not the original purchaser. You can be the 10th owner and they'll honor the warrantee. Not many others will do this.

Perhaps I'd complain about paying postage for a new gun, but for getting warrantee service on an old one, I'd think it's worth in.

I have 8 and had to send the PT111 back to fix the extractor. The piece was 10 years old at the time. No other problems and no problems with the two Rough Rider 22s.

Taurus fixed my PT111 and I still carry it.
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    From what I read the 1st year Taurus will pick up the shipping, but after that the owner of the gun will need to pay for shipping which I think is reasonable. Call again and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor. Also from what I read, the new CEO is intent in improving Taurus' image and service, so you may want to remind then of that message to whomever you speak to at their customer service. When I get home, I will *try* and see if I can find the article. God Bless

I have blem on my Taurus 1911. I bought it new a few months ago. They said I had to pay to send it to them. I'll try again to see if they will cover the shipping. If not I'll ask to speak to a supervisor and let you know how it goes. The blem is just the 9 in 1911 wasn't stamped or etched all the way.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I returned mine through my ffl dealer. He either got reimbursed or ate it, don't know which. Since they recommend them and sell them, I wouldn't expect them to ask me to pay for shipping.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by roninmd View Post
    I had to return a Rock Island Armory 1911A1 to Armscor, TWICE for warranty work. I had to pay postage the first time, they the second time.

I have to admit that they have a great lifetime warranty. Two weeks after they received my pistol back the second time they informed that they were and did send me a NEW pistol to replace the one I sent back for repairs.

Having to pay postage for warranty work sucks, but getting a new replacement was great.
    I had to send my RIA1911 back once and they covered everything.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer928 View Post
    I have blem on my Taurus 1911. I bought it new a few months ago. They said I had to pay to send it to them. I'll try again to see if they will cover the shipping. If not I'll ask to speak to a supervisor and let you know how it goes. The blem is just the 9 in 1911 wasn't stamped or etched all the way.
    Quoting myself here to let you know they now say they only pay to have it shipped to them if the gun is under 3 months old. It has a lifetime warranty but after 3 months we need to pay to ship it to them.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links