Quick Question.

Quick Question.

This is a discussion on Quick Question. within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a friend that is buying a rifle from a dealer, he is having it shipped to his FFL. My buddy is gifting me ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NC Bullseye

Thread: Quick Question.

Quick Question.

I have a friend that is buying a rifle from a dealer, he is having it shipped to his FFL. My buddy is gifting me this gun. I was told by my local gun shop. That is my friend is not an FFL and is gifting me the gun (rifle) that my buddy once he picks up the gun, does not have to ship it to my FFL, that he can mail it right to my home. Is this true? He mention a form 4473, Im not exactly sure if that number is correct, but its something like that. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Harryball; August 16th, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Same state should be within the realm of good, gifting out of state would still have to go through a FFL..

You know the standard disclaimer, check your state laws to make sure there isn't a caveat there.
    Diddle likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Back in July, there was a thread discussing gifts: Groomsmen's Gifts. ATF doesn't seem to have a problem with gifts, so long as the original purchaser acquires with the intent to gift the firearm.

You'll need to determine if your own state has any issue with such purchases with intent to "gift." Look for the "straw purchase" type language.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thanks for the replies, I was misinformed by the guy at the gun shop. It pays to double check...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Links