FFL Turn-Around Time - Kentucky

This is a discussion on FFL Turn-Around Time - Kentucky within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; FWIW - FILED regular mail: June 23, 2012 INTERVIEW: July 28, 2012 IOI FILED HER REPORT: August 3, 2012 FFL RECEIVED: August 20, 2012 Perehaps ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Diddle

Thread: FFL Turn-Around Time - Kentucky

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

FWIW -

FILED regular mail: June 23, 2012

INTERVIEW: July 28, 2012

IOI FILED HER REPORT: August 3, 2012

FFL RECEIVED: August 20, 2012

Perehaps this will be of some benefit to someone along the way.

Regards!
    T_from_Fla likes this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    You're in there! Congrats! What are ya, an 01?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Mine came three weeks before my wife's, she was annoyed. Mine in 3 weeks, hers in six. I am told there is one person at the State Police who processes the license, times may vary according to workloads, etc. From what I am told by my FFL who also is an instructor, they are busier than a one arm paper hanger these days.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Congrats
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    You're in there! Congrats! What are ya, an 01?
    Yes, 01. I am looking to grow but I can tell you this - Getting the FFL is far easier than getting vendors and insurance set up. Local issues were a bit of an issue. We have a Codes Enforcement Director who makes up his own rules and it took an attorney to bring him down from his glorious seat. Small town government is a real ***** sometimes. Here, you can have a home business but you can't have customers to come there. As the city attorny said, what the hell is a business without customers? If a business license it issued then the business operator can have customers. Frankly, here, it has to do with "GUN" sales. This is an extremely left-wing community. Guns are bad, GLAT, is good. Small government is a bad thing - lots of government and entitlements are a good thing. This city is extremely anti gun, anti rebuplician and anti business. Unless it has something to do with crafts, cornshuck dolls and blankets.

At least for time I beat the local system.

Regards...

ps.. spoke with the local Postmaster yesterday about shipping firearms. His first comment was "honestly, we are not completely sure how to deal with firearms dealers." I explained the necessary USPS forms and he looked them up and then asked me to come to the Post Office we we can work togather, educate one another and see exactally what the process is and exactally what forms we need to use. At that point I was stunned. Not in his lack of knowledge but in his willingness to work with me so we do thing correctly. I sort of thought that was very unusual for a Government employee.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Links