Question about selling gun clips

This is a discussion on Question about selling gun clips within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys, hopefully you can enlighten me with your knowledge and wisdom. Is it legal for me to sell my gun clips online? I have ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By DontTreadOnI
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By pittypat21

Thread: Question about selling gun clips

Hey guys, hopefully you can enlighten me with your knowledge and wisdom. Is it legal for me to sell my gun clips online? I have two 15 rd clips for a Gen4 Glock 19 9mm. Do I need to use an FFL to sell them to someone online or can I simply sell them as an unlicensed seller? Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

It depends on the state your buyer lives in. Those are just magazines, so no FFL is required but high cap mags are illegal in states like Washington DC, NY, CA....and a few others. Can't sell them on eBay because they have a policy against high cap mags. There are other website you could list them on but they escape my memory right now.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Re: Question about selling gun clips

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    It depends on the state your buyer lives in. Those are just magazines, so no FFL is required but high cap mags are illegal in states like Washington DC, NY, CA....and a few others. Can't sell them on eBay because they have a policy against high cap mags. There are other website you could list them on but they escape my memory right now.
    Isn't one called gun broker?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconiclast View Post
    Hey guys, hopefully you can enlighten me with your knowledge and wisdom.
    First order of business:

Clips =/= Magazine

Cheers and welcome to the forum!
    pittypat21, Exacto and SIGguy229 like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Maybe Clipsrule.com
    Exacto likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If you manage to find clips for your Glock, go ahead and sell them online. But you may have a hard time finding any to sell.
    Exacto likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Thanks for the help, much appreciated! I have two to sell, I will check into the sites suggested.

VIP Member
    If you post them in the classified section of the forum you'll probably sell them pretty quickly.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

We have a "Member Buy, Sell & Trade" section here where members can buy and offer for sale, personally owned items.

You must have a minimum of 25 posts as a regular member before you can list any items in that forum.

The reason for that is it is for members who are active on the website. We don't allow people to join the forum for the sole purpose of selling a couple items and have no intention of being members.

After you have 25 posts in the other forums you are more than welcome to post your two magazines for sale here. I am sure they will sell very quickly.

Before posting any items for sale in the "Members Buy, Sell & Trade" section, please read all the sticky notes posted at the top of that forum for all the specific details and format we would like you to follow.

If you have any questions, feel free to send a Private Message (PM) to any of the Defensive Carry Moderators or Adminsitrators.

Thanks.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

How much are you asking? Haha if love to take them off your hands. PM me if you still have them

not high jack your thread but.......

I am a new york resident and have some questions I am currently researching.

do I have to be and FFL to MODIFY high cap magazines to be compliant in my state?

State regs say mags have to be PERMANANTLY disable to accept more that the limit....but if I wanted to modify them and resell them Im not sure if I need to be licensed. Im sure SOMEONE will want to CHECK Then out before I sell them but just didnt know what you guys know.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Links