Timing for issue of PIN

Timing for issue of PIN

This is a discussion on Timing for issue of PIN within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have submitted the form requesting issue of a Personal Identification Number. It has been 8 weeks and I have not received the PIN. I ...

Thread: Timing for issue of PIN

Timing for issue of PIN

I have submitted the form requesting issue of a Personal Identification Number. It has been 8 weeks and I have not received the PIN. I have asked a few gun dealers about how long the process has been taking and they have no ideas. I am expecting some delay due to the huge gun buying surge and the required background checks. Does anyone have a current idea of the length it takes to get a PIN? I fear that requests for PIN's may have fallen to the end of the line.

Thanks,
    T

TOF
    Not quite understanding. Who are you requesting a "PIN" from and for what purpose?
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

I requested a unique Personal Identification Number from bureau ATF. I've consistently had a 5 day wait for no apparent reason and a PIN should cure that problem.

I'm finding I am not alone for long waits for the PIN.

Now I am confused not trying to be funny just trying to understand. Doesn't a permit take the waiting time away? Ive never had that problem is why I am asking.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

I got a letter yesterday and it said they were just now processing applications for September.
    So my guess is 4+ months for a upin to go through.

That's great info Bob. I am just getting to month 3 but have not received a letter about my UPIN. Perhaps that's an indication they are falling further behind.

Just for general information to the group... I am still waiting for my UPIN number. It has been over a year since the request was initiated. Perhaps the BATF and the IRS are becoming alike in their pursuits of political objectives.

VIP Member
    The UPIN processing time situation is similar to FFL renewal time lag. The agents processing the pins have been cut back and many are now processing 6-8 states where in the past they were only doing one. The difference with FFL renewals is that during the wait they send out a letter to allow you send to distributors and manufactures which allows you to keep operating. In my case, I spoke to a person at Industry Operations. Surprisingly, she said oh, we see your company name all over the place. We'll get your license renewal out to you right away.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Good point about allocation of resources. I'll give them benefit of the doubt.
    Also I will try a polite phone call to get more info.

Sponsored Links