credit card acceptance revisted?

This is a discussion on credit card acceptance revisted? within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I too am a new FFL and need to be able to accept credit cards online and locally. PAI wants 25.90/mo + 65.00 setup, (don't ...

Thread: credit card acceptance revisted?

credit card acceptance revisted?

I too am a new FFL and need to be able to accept credit cards online and locally. PAI wants 25.90/mo + 65.00 setup, (don't have smart phone, only computer). Actually kinda scared of joining PAI after the most recent thread on this was closed. I visited the TransNational site but find it very confusing to even get any information as to what they charge! So, I'm still sitting on the fence. I don't really want to get into a monthly payment if at all possible. I'm a home based FFL and will do most of my sales online if I can figure all this out!? Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

PAI sucks. Transnational rocks. Call and ask for Tom and he'll work out numbers for you based on your sales. The other thread got locked because several newer guys were pimping their employers, basically spamming.

I'm an FFL, but I don't accept electronic payments of any kind. I do pay attention to those that do and what they say about them. I recognize your company and will PM you.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Senior Moderator
    I don't use them either. I still use cash and I do just fine with it.

Honestly, I cant say that I've ever lost any business buy not doing credit cards.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Check out Pistol Pay it might work for you for the level of business you seem to be doing it should work great.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdxn View Post
    Check out Pistol Pay it might work for you for the level of business you seem to be doing it should work great.
    Is that another company you're representing and spamming for?
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Is that another company you're representing and spamming for?
    Actually it is not! Tubby I am not sure what your issue is but I am a member of this forum and i post a lot of interesting and hard to find info
    for the benefit of the other members here and have always maintained a professional and polite responses and your response is quite insulting.

I do not represent PistolPay but it is a very good option. If you have a better option please share it for the benefit of our forum friend that
    asked for help and advice.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I just took a look at the PistolPay site and admittedly I did not read everything, I noticed that is appears to provide more protection to the buyer rather than the seller. From their site "What makes us different than the other payment platforms is that all transactions are delivered through a third party intermediary, namely a local ‘dealer.’" To me this puts too many hands in the transaction from a dealer's standpoint.

I'm sorry but cash is king in the firearms business when you consider such things as Credit Card charge backs because a firearm does not suit the buyer after a few days or there is mechanical issues that can only be handled by the manufacturer.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turkeycreek View Post
    I too am a new FFL and need to be able to accept credit cards online and locally. PAI wants 25.90/mo + 65.00 setup, (don't have smart phone, only computer). Actually kinda scared of joining PAI after the most recent thread on this was closed. I visited the TransNational site but find it very confusing to even get any information as to what they charge! So, I'm still sitting on the fence. I don't really want to get into a monthly payment if at all possible. I'm a home based FFL and will do most of my sales online if I can figure all this out!? Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Seems everyone who takes CC's has a favorite MSP. All will have a setup fee of some sort and most will have a contractual agreement that will penalize you if you discontinue service. It may cost be a couple hundred or more to exit from the provider the MSP uses even if the MSP is month to month. Best to do your research and find one you like.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links