Buds gun shop

This is a discussion on Buds gun shop within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi, My first time ordering online. I just ordered a new firearm from buds gun shop and having it sent to a local ffl dealer. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Buds gun shop

Buds gun shop

Hi, My first time ordering online. I just ordered a new firearm from buds gun shop and having it sent to a local ffl dealer. How do I know the gun im getting is the one i ordered and not a used gun the receiving ffl is switching out?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't meant to sound harsh, but the deed is done. You need to do your homework before you order and deal with companies you know and trust, not ask questions after you've placed an order.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Receiving FFL swapping out?? I'm no lawyer but I'd imagine that would carry pretty hefty consequences. Never even heard of that happening? Am I naive? Or you paranoid?

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone
    CLASS3NH and mook012 like this.

Could it happen? Sure. Likely? Not at all. Nonetheless, I do like to have the seller email me the serial number of the gun they're shipping. I've bought from Bud's and they will do this if you ask.
    CLASS3NH and baren like this.

You can always refuse the shipment if you don't like the condition of the gun. If it looks used, take down the S/N and contact Buds. If it isn't the same S/N as the one they sent, I'd have a thing or two to say to your FFL dealer and I'm sure Buds will too. Then go find someone reputable for the next time you need to do a transfer.
    WrongRecroom and CLASS3NH like this.

Distinguished Member
    Bud's is very good (at least for me). You can refuse to accept it at your FFL when it arrives, no questions asked if you don't like it. Bud's will take it back.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

I have dealt with situation where the gun I got was not the serial number pic in the auction...But for Buds what they sends is what you get or should be iit is not like you are buying that partical gun they send what they have ... As other said look over the gun make sure it is what you ordered and if there is a major issue ( wrong gun etc ) then have it sent back .. Buds is not a fly by night group they should do something if you get the wrong gun or if the gun is sry banged up etc ...

Now if a FFL swapped out a used gun for new that would be isnasy unethical and I have not heard of that happen where you order a gun and the dealer keeps gun you had delivered ...

What gun is it ? With most guns you can tell if it has been used .. Ie is there still factory copper on the rails inside the gun if a glock and a few others .Is there powder in the barel etc ...

Unless you have heard things about this FFL I would not worry about it .. Look over the gun and take it down if you can and make sure it all looks kosher and you should be good ....
    CLASS3NH and farsidefan1 like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by NovaSS View Post
    Hi, My first time ordering online. I just ordered a new firearm from buds gun shop and having it sent to a local ffl dealer. How do I know the gun im getting is the one i ordered and not a used gun the receiving ffl is switching out?
    I guess about the only way you'll ever know that the specific one they selected off the rack is the one you end up with is to validate the S/N from the seller, and double-check once received. Of course, if buying a NIB unit, the specific S/N is irrelevant short of knowing when it was built and what little recalls and other foibles you're sidestepping by demanding a unit with a certain production date (ie, early models had issues, but later models resolved it). Otherwise, just ensure it's the same make, model, vintage you hold the purchase order for. Get the facts, then hold the seller and intermediaries to it. About all you can do. Little different than any other purchasing situation, for most any product.
    WrongRecroom and CLASS3NH like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I guess im just paranoid since its my first time ordering online. I had it shipped to a ffl dealer on there list as most other local gun shops around where i live charge $50+ for transfer. I ordered a m&p from buds because it was $160 cheaper then anywhere in town. Asking for a price match at any local store here people act like your crazy. Thanks for all the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    Could it happen? Sure. Likely? Not at all. Nonetheless, I do like to have the seller email me the serial number of the gun they're shipping. I've bought from Bud's and they will do this if you ask.
    ^^^^^This.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Just validate SSN from Buds.
    CLASS3NH, mook012 and WHEC724 like this.

If you feel this way about your LGS, then you are buying from the wrong place.

Like others have said, check the serial number, and buy from another gun shop in the future. You apparently have very little faith in this one.
    CLASS3NH, WrongRecroom and Sister like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

While I can't remember a FFL holder ever flat out switching the gun for another when it's shipped to him to transfer to someone, what I do hear occasionally are reports that a FFL holder will open the box when it arrives, log the gun, and then maybe have sticky fingers when handing the extra mag that came in the box, etc. For a less-than-honest FFL holder who is only making $30 or so to complete your transfer, it's an easy additional $20-45 (depending on the mag) that he can make on the deal. That does happen. What I've always told new FFL holders is that the best way they can eliminate themselves from suspicion when something is missing from the shipment is to not even open the box until the customer comes to the store to get their gun. Let them open the box. Yes, it's a little bit of a pain to wait until then to do your logging but it pretty-much guarantees to your customer, if something isn't right, that you aren't the source. This is the same customer who is going to buy a gun again someday.
    CLASS3NH and dangerranger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaSS View Post
    First of all, why would you think the FFL would switch out the gun you bought?
    Secondly, there will be an invoice from Bud's to the FFL, with description of the gun, the Serial number from Bud's going to the FFL and then to you.
    If you have a concern, I'd say you should have checked with BUD'S to make sure it (the gun you ordered) was NEW and not USED..
    The receiving FFL won't take the chance of a Federal Offense by switching guns on you.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I have ordered from Buds a couple of times with no issues at all. My local ffl is a great guy so I never have any worries.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links