Just recieved my FFL03.

Just recieved my FFL03.

This is a discussion on Just recieved my FFL03. within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; could not think of any reason not to get it. some say oh the BATFE is going to show up at your house. so what ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By amendment4
  • 2 Post By Stoveman
  • 1 Post By rstickle
  • 1 Post By PAcanis
  • 1 Post By TaterSalad
  • 2 Post By SIGP250

Thread: Just recieved my FFL03.

Just recieved my FFL03.

could not think of any reason not to get it. some say oh the BATFE is going to show up at your house. so what if they do. i don't hide anything and i follow the book on regulation with anything i do. besides they checked me out when i got my HCP so its not that they don't have info on me anyway.
    i have alsways been a collector of militaria and this will make it a little easier to obtain some pieces that i would like to have.
    i am sure i will have some questions for you long time FFL holders out there so bare with me please.
    TheBigWanad likes this.
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the club, your wallet is NOT going to thank you.....
    amendment4 and WrongRecroom like this.

Lead Moderator
    Had a C&R for about 5 years and they've haven't knocked on my door yet.
    amendment4 likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Had a C&R for about 5 years and they've haven't knocked on my door yet.
    its' my understanding that the holder may request an inspection at the nearest BATFE office instead of allowing entry into his home.

correct me if i am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Welcome to the club, your wallet is NOT going to thank you.....
    Start clearing room for more firearms
    amendment4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Start clearing room for more firearms
    already hinted to the main squeeze that another gun safe is on the agenda.

got the rolled eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by amendment4 View Post
    its' my understanding that the holder may request an inspection at the nearest BATFE office instead of allowing entry into his home.

correct me if i am wrong.
    I can't say one way or the other, but that sounds correct since you're an 03 (collector) and not a dealer or manufacturer. Question though, as an 03, did an IOI inspector come to your house/did you have to have a meeting with an IOI? If so, did you have the option of having the meeting at the local office?
    WrongRecroom likes this.

You picked a interesting time .... Right now I think we are at or near the near for MIL gun to go C&R .. At this time way back 50 years most countries are switching to full auto or burst fire guns (the AK the FAL the G3 the M16 etc) and due to both the 1968 ban on importing full auto guns and the 1989 ban on a lot of sporting guns and the following 922r laws ... There is going to be fewer and fewer non USA guns added to c&r listing ... And of course due to the 1968 law no more small handgun importing for the most part ...

All that said there are a lot of nice stuff out there .. Heck I think the first SP1 colts are going c&r soon ...

What are you going to get first ?

My list would be :
    1. K31 or other ( the ammo is all non corrisve a big plus )
    2. Lee Enfield ( the mad miniunt )
    3. M-1 carbine ( nice gun )
    4. A couple of older colt wheel guns
    5. A broomhandle mauser ( neat looking gun )
    6. If I can ever find one I think the gyrojet is c&r
    7. And of course a SKS or 3
    8. And I do want to get a nagant ( it and one other are the only silencable wheel guns made ) 185.jpg

Also note some comapines do Discount for C&r holder I think midway or Brownelss just stooped though :(
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TaterSalad View Post
    I can't say one way or the other, but that sounds correct since you're an 03 (collector) and not a dealer or manufacturer. Question though, as an 03, did an IOI inspector come to your house/did you have to have a meeting with an IOI? If so, did you have the option of having the meeting at the local office?
    BATFE has the right to do an audit but it does not have to be at your house, you can request that it be at their local office.

There is not check (at least with mine) before you become an FFL. Just send the paperwork with the money and about 30 days later or so you get your license in the mail.

buy a Mosin. It's a pre-requisite.
    could not think of any reason not to get it. some say oh the BATFE is going to show up at your house. so what if they do. i don't hide anything and i follow the book on regulation with anything i do. besides they checked me out when i got my HCP so its not that they don't have info on me anyway.
    i have alsways been a collector of militaria and this will make it a little easier to obtain some pieces that i would like to have.
    i am sure i will have some questions for you long time FFL holders out there so bare with me please.
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

VIP Member
    There are some good reasons to obtain a C&R if you are a collector. The primary reason is that it entitles you to acquire C&R firearms interstate or intrastate from non licensees, other C&R's and also interstate from Dealers and Pawns.

BATFE does not publish records of 03's so dealers, at their discretion, can sell you a C&R firearm (depending on your state law) without the need of transferring to an FFL in your state.

There are actually some decent C&R Handgun imports that are still in service (or recently retired) in their respective countries. For example, The CZ MD 82, Yugo MD57, and the P 64 Police Compact 9 x 18 to name a few. There are also some pretty decent rifles that are C&R eligible at prices that won't break your bank. Yugo SKS's, Swiss M1931, etc., etc.

Happy Hunting!
    WrongRecroom and amendment4 like this.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links