'Tagging' my CWP firearm on my 'hip' while in my store??

This is a discussion on 'Tagging' my CWP firearm on my 'hip' while in my store?? within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a CWP (not that it matters here in my store) and I just got my FFL 01.. I am a sole-proprietor (don't know ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Speculator
  • 1 Post By SIGP250

Thread: 'Tagging' my CWP firearm on my 'hip' while in my store??

Question 'Tagging' my CWP firearm on my 'hip' while in my store??

I have a CWP (not that it matters here in my store) and I just got my FFL 01.. I am a sole-proprietor (don't know if relevant)

My IOI said via phone the other day I need to 'tag' it "Not for Sale".. and log it in/out of my A&D book..

I know personal firearms kept mixed (in the same safe/display) or on display need to be 'tagged' as such.. but a CWP firearm??

The CWP firearm is also going to be ALWAYS on my hip (so to speak)..

I have no other 'personal' firearms AT ALL on the premise (which is a store front)..

What says other FFL's...??? Anyone of you folks ever here of this particular thing??

Should I email the local ATF supervisor and ask the question??

2. Remove Ads

I know nothing about FFL stuff, but why not put a price sticker on your gun and carry it. Then technically it is just a used gun got sale that nobody knows about

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Should not be an issue. The owners of the LGS where I work carry their personal weapons everyday. If it's not inventory, CARRY ON.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Yes and you need to keep the 'for sale' sign that came with your hat and wear that too, preferably on a white string.

HTH
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    Your Industry Operations agent appears to be a bit over zealous. There are BATFE regulations, and some best practice guidelines but guidelines are not law. I'm not sure where this directive came from. It's not law.

If you take a firearm from inventory for personal use, yes you must log the disposition in your bound book as such. There is NO requirement that the firearm is tagged "not for sale" either in your store, in your safe or on your belt.

I probably would not make waves by asking to speak to a supervisor but you might discuss the matter with a different regional office ... for clarification purposes and a second opinion. Just call and say you have a question. They won't ask for your license number.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links