A/d of ffl03 firearm.

This is a discussion on A/d of ffl03 firearm. within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My FFL03 was issued to me on 03/01/2014. I made a private purchase of a Steyr m95 just a few days after receiving my FFL03 ...

Thread: A/d of ffl03 firearm.

A/d of ffl03 firearm.

My FFL03 was issued to me on 03/01/2014. I made a private purchase of a Steyr m95 just a few days after receiving my FFL03 and logged it into my bound book. I know that there are all kinds of opinions as to whether or not that is required when a weapon is purchased from an individual.
    The way I read it is that any FFL03 eligible firearm purchased regardless as to how must be logged.
    Last edited by amendment4; March 12th, 2014 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typo
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    A Type 03 C&R Licensee is required to maintain a "Bound Book" [27 CFR 478.125(f)]. A C&R who's license is not renewed or who discontinues his collecting activities is NOT however required by BATFE to turn in their Acquisition/Disposition book.

The reasoning is that a C&R Collector & Relic license does not allow the holder to engage in Firearms "Business." The "Bound Book" is considered by the government as business records and therefore does not apply to C&R's, only Dealers.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links