Is Anyone Here Using Coloseum Software's AMIE eBook?

This is a discussion on Is Anyone Here Using Coloseum Software's AMIE eBook? within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been looking at this for the past two weeks. It is free to FFL dealers that transfer less than a thousand firearms per ...

Thread: Is Anyone Here Using Coloseum Software's AMIE eBook?

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Is Anyone Here Using Coloseum Software's AMIE eBook?

I have been looking at this for the past two weeks. It is free to FFL dealers that transfer less than a thousand firearms per year. The software looks amazing but I am really stumped as to how they can offer so much for nothing. Does anyone have any experience with this software? Frankly I would like to keep a digital copy of me transactions in addition to my bound book should the house burn down but I am just skeptical of something that offers all of this for free. So far my questions to then has been answered in mere minutes so I suspect Customer Support is very robust.

I would really appreciate comments from any users out there as to their experience with AIMI software.

My best!

D~
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I have been using an Excel spreadsheet for years. Works great

Few guys on the dealer only forum I'm on are using it.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    Almost anything can be sold over the Internet. Facebook is free, Google is free, Twitter is free, right? Well sort of. Some Internet companies are created to sell a product others are created to sell ads. And some Internet companies are created to collect and sell data. The Aimi eBook free "lite version" is free. The pro and law versions probably do generates some revenue for the software company.

What data they collect and why is unknown. It may or may not be sold. I have not checked the privacy policy or terms of use. Actually, some companies are created for the sole purpose of being bought by another company. I don't know much about this software.

If you find it to be secure and if it meets your needs, it's probably ok to use. The FFL information they collect by registering is public record. My only concern would be their access to any customer transaction records.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links