Local gun shop

Local gun shop

This is a discussion on Local gun shop within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A local gun shop opened up in my neighborhood. Blue Tuna Gunsmithing. I checked them out because I need a SAFE Act compliant magazine for ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By calamityjane38
  • 2 Post By calamityjane38
  • 3 Post By GunTeacher
  • 1 Post By SIGP250
  • 4 Post By QKShooter
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 3 Post By NH_Esau

Thread: Local gun shop

Local gun shop

A local gun shop opened up in my neighborhood. Blue Tuna Gunsmithing. I checked them out because I need a SAFE Act compliant magazine for one of my pistols. So they are going to get one and tool it to only hold 10 rounds. Bought a box of ammo and I am now one of their preferred customers. They also will be my go to FFL if I need one. They won't charge an arm and leg.

Happy to find a small local gun shop, they are pretty rare in Buffalo, NY.
    welder516 likes this.

Wait you still have gun shops in NY

Sry though nice find esp since all ammo has to go through a FFL now .. Or has that been kicked out .. If not how much they charging to get ammo now ?

And were they a FUD shop or did they have the few tac guns you can own in that state ?
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Strange name, but it's great to have a LGS close to home. Become good friends with the employees so they will hold ammo for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

isnt the SAFE act 7rounds or less? I heard they allowed 10 rounds mags but you can only load up 7 rounds. But by no means am i the go to guy for NY gun law. I live in florida and would never go to new york because i cant carry there.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinglock32 View Post
    isnt the SAFE act 7rounds or less? I heard they allowed 10 rounds mags but you can only load up 7 rounds. But by no means am i the go to guy for NY gun law. I live in florida and would never go to new york because i cant carry there.

I think that part got kicked out .. What would tick me off more is that the Previous legal pr 94 mags are all illagel and have to be moved or destroyed .. Esp consider the cost of pre ban mags

I got to say you know its bad when your gun laws are worst then CA ... I feel for you ..Fight the good fight
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I think that part got kicked out .. What would tick me off more is that the Previous legal pr 94 mags are all illagel and have to be moved or destroyed .. Esp consider the cost of pre ban mags

I got to say you know its bad when your gun laws are worst then CA ... I feel for you ..Fight the good fight
    They tossed out the 7 round law, we can go back to 10. It makes me mad about tossing out the pre ban grandfather law. It's a misdemeanor first offense to have that magazine now. So instead of risking. Misdemeanor and them confiscating all my guns my only choice is to comply with that requirement. The other alternative would be to never carry that gun...but that is not an option.

It stinks that NY State did this, and I am pissed that New York State turned me into a criminal with a stroke of a pen...
    superdamian11 and Oldpsufan like this.

Commiefornia turned me into a felon with the stroke of a pen several times. I don't live there anymore and I will never enter the state until if is free again. Well, OK, unless someone is paying my a LOT of money... sigh. (I don't like to admit it, but I can be bought.)
    WMac19, molleur and WrongRecroom like this.

VIP Member
    Does NY have a "safe" knife act yet? Maybe that will be next. Remember kids, use only rounded knives and scissors. Any others are dangerous weapons! This NY safe act is pretty ridiculous.

NY has TV ads here saying "Come to NY to start a business!" NO WAY, Never. Why would anyone want to start a business in a state with politicians that can be bought to create stupid laws like the save act?
    molleur likes this.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Administrator
    It's always wise to have a really good relationship with your local gun shop. Smart move.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Does NY have a "safe" knife act yet? Maybe that will be next. Remember kids, use only rounded knives and scissors. Any others are dangerous weapons! This NY safe act is pretty ridiculous.

NY has TV ads here saying "Come to NY to start a business!" NO WAY, Never. Why would anyone want to start a business in a state with politicians that can be bought to create stupid laws like the save act?
    I hear they've got some tough laws on repeating staplers also.
    SIGP250, calamityjane38 and OO7 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    There are ways around the Mag. Limit Capacity ....................................Carry 10 Mags .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Ridiculous.

Even arguably applies to LEOSA (not that I don't think all citizens should be afforded the same rights/privileges as LEOs). So while transiting or visiting NY, make sure you're carrying a 10-rounder. Because regardless of what all you caliber war people may think, the good state of New York has determined that 10 rounds of .45 ACP is less deadly than 11 rounds of 9mm (or 22LR).

Sponsored Links