Question on Application Process

This is a discussion on Question on Application Process within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I posted this, in part, on AR-15.com. I would appreciate anyone here that might know the answer too. Thanks. My post: So I followed ...

Thread: Question on Application Process

So I posted this, in part, on AR-15.com. I would appreciate anyone here that might know the answer too.

Thanks.

My post:

So I followed the instructions very carefully, but then I come across a site on the ATF website that talks about the need for the Certification of Compliance, Form 5330.20.

Nowhere was this mentioned in the actual FFL application or instructions. In fact, it looks like this exact same information request is contained in the actual FFL application itself. Maybe in the past it was not included or only needs to be completed as an overflow sheet?

I would be disappointed if my application was delayed.

Anyway.......what do you all think about my missing the separate Certification of Compliance???? Problem???
    NRA Life Member
    Second Amendment Foundation Supporter

VIP Member
    Form 5330.20 Certification of compliance is relatively new. In the past it was not enforced (nor were hunting licenses even though the application forms ask if you have one). Because this form is used when filing as a trust, trusts have no nationality so ATF is now requesting this form to verify your citizenship. If it's not filled out correctly, your application could be returned.

If you are applying for an FFL:

1) Your business name (exactly as listed on your FFL Application form)
    2) Your name (last, first, middle initial)
    3) United States of America (spell it out completely, not USA.
    4 if you ARE a citizen of the United States of America, skip to 7.
    7 sign your name and Date.

That's it
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links