Defensive Carry banner

How Many LGS's in a 15 Mi Radius

5K views 50 replies 47 participants last post by  rugergunner 
#1 ·
Are there from your house? I was thinking about this recently with my favorite shop closing up and I can count 8 right off the top of my head:

Bart's, A&D, Arundel Firearms & Pawn, Worth a Shot, On Target, Clyde's, Fox's Firearms and 2A Sales. This does not include a Bass Pro Shop.

I have only purchased from 3 out of the 8, but have darkened the doors of all of them.

Seems like a lot, even living between DC and Baltimore, but maybe not. :dunno:

What's it like in your neck of the woods?

#2 ·
Probably around a dozen here... not including a half dozen pawn shops.

#5 ·
So is that 7.5 miles out from the center making a circle of 15 miles? Or is that 15 miles out from the apex of a circle?

It's been 43 years since I went to school.

Reactions: Aceoky
#7 ·
There are a lot of Pawn shops where I live in Florida and they all sell guns. This gives me about 8 or more places to buy guns from. However, there is only one true gun store that is not a Pawn Shop and they also own the only range in a 45 or more mile radius. I buy my new guns mostly online or at the LGS and buy some really good used, or broken in, guns at the Pawn Shops. Where I am there are over 100,000 retired people and many of them buy guns, put them away and then they find their way into Pawn Shops when the owners die. One in particular has been in business longer than I have been alive and seem to stock all the popular guns that no one else has but they sell at MSRP. I will pay that if I really want a gun that I have not been able to find anywhere for six months or more.

#26 ·
4 If you count a pawn shop. Two true gun shops, 1 Indoor range and shop. Got a new one that opened about 2 miles away that I'm going to check out tomorrow!

#28 ·
How many Local Gun Stores in a 15 mile range? You mean there can be a Local gun store 500 miles away? I have about 5 of the kind you mean. Kinda small, not Gander type. Reminds me that I want to visit one that's about 8 miles from me. Supposed to be a great gun that owns it.

#30 ·
Not counting pawn shops: 1. I've been in it 3-4 times and they all acted like they were doing me a favor by being there. I drive 22 miles to a LGS in another county where they're friendly and understand the term: "Customer Service." All told, I've spent $20-$25 in the closest store and over $10,000 at the one farther away.

Reactions: Stoveman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.