What Not To Do OR LGS "Shoots" Self in Foot

What Not To Do OR LGS "Shoots" Self in Foot

This is a discussion on What Not To Do OR LGS "Shoots" Self in Foot within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Several of us Maryland boys are also on a local thread called MDShooters. Like DC they have a section for gun related businesses called Industry ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Stoveman
  • 2 Post By Stoveman
  • 2 Post By lionround

Thread: What Not To Do OR LGS "Shoots" Self in Foot

VIP Member

Thumbs down What Not To Do OR LGS "Shoots" Self in Foot

Several of us Maryland boys are also on a local thread called MDShooters. Like DC they have a section for gun related businesses called Industry Partners (IP). Earlier this year Fox Firearms in Columbia, MD inquired about becoming an IP and was told that he would have to wait until the owner of the board could review and that it would be a little wait because he was extremely busy.

Fox didn't want to wait and posted in the Classifieds section as a business (against the rules of the board) and when he was caught doing that he created other usernames to do the same thing, and then finally had other people post his stuff for sale with their username in the classified. Basically he just was impatient and didn't want to wait and after all those accounts were banned from the site he, get this, decided to SUE MDShooters seeking $5,000.00 for "lost revenue" from not being able to advertise on the site.

The court date was two days ago and the judge dismissed the case with prejudice. The admin of MDShooters posted it up afterwards and the reaction from the firearm community towards this LGS was as you would expect.

Here's the link to the thread for your amusement http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=158911
    Some of the printed language is NSFW. They are a little more lax over there.

Possibly the bonehead move of the century.

Yes, I have permission to post this.
    Last edited by Stoveman; August 27th, 2014 at 09:35 AM. Reason: fixed link, hopefully....
    StormRhydr and Kennydale like this.

Distinguished Member
    Link takes me to a login page.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Several of us Maryland boys are also on a local thread called MDShooters.

Here's the link to the thread for your amusement Maryland Shooters
    Some of the printed language is NSFW. They are a little more lax over there.

Possibly the bonehead move of the century.

Yes, I have permission to post this.
    They are very very Lax over there , including the owners or managers of the site. Have not been on the site in more then a year because of the mis-management of the site .Also i cannot get into the article you are refeering to.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Link should be working now.

Nope it's not...

What section and what's the thread title?

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    Nope it's not...

What section and what's the thread title?
    It's in a section called The Water Cooler you won't see unless you have over a certain number of posts. I thought if I linked it that it would be able to be viewed.

Here are some snippets:

MDShooter's Day in Court
    I didn't mention it until now since it was an active case, but Fox's Firearms in Columbia, MD filed a frivolous lawsuit against our community that was heard by a judge today. It cost me a day off of work and a 4 hour round trip, but in the end we won. He sued for $5000 and wanted the judge to order me to allow him to use the classifieds without being an Industry Partner. The judge ruled that the case had no merit and it was dismissed with prejudice.

I want to personally thank Eric from from our IP, Schaffer, Black & Flores PC for defending Maryland Shooters in court. He is a great guy, a professional and competent attorney, and I highly recommend him and his firm if you need a good attorney. Hopefully I won't need it, but I will keep his number on hand for the future.

So happy to have the BS behind us!

Wow. I'll never buy from them. Unbelievable that they would attack members of the community in a state where we are already outnumbered over something as ridiculous as use of the classifieds section

Glad it ended as quickly as it began

Apparently a certain LGS didn't learn not to pee in their own corn flakes!

Let me see if I got this.
    Some douchebag sued you because he couldn't advertise commercially, for free, on the forum THAT YOU PROVIDE?
    Is his next lawsuit against channel 45 and the Sunpapers because they won't let him advertise for free there either?
    *** is wrong with people?

Makes me wish I didnt buy that VZ2008 from their. I guess I won't be going back...

And on and on and on.......
    Ianthin and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    And on and on and on.......
    And on and on and on for another 330 posts for an original post started 25 AUG at 6:10 PM EDST. The 22,000+ members are flaming all over this guy. Da rules is da rules.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

MDShooters house, MDShooters rules. Seems pretty simple to me.
    Sarge65 and msgt/ret like this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Sooooo...dealer wants to post as a partner - doesn't wait for the required setup.
    Dealer posts anyway, despite agreeing to what is, essentially, an informal yet written contract
    Dealer gets caught, brings others in on his shenanigans
    Dealer sues forum for not...what? Not fulfilling their side of the contract? Moron.

Sponsored Links