why do i still get delays with a fed pin number

why do i still get delays with a fed pin number

This is a discussion on why do i still get delays with a fed pin number within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; hi I'm new thx for having me I have a question I have a federal pin number and I still keep on getting delays I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: why do i still get delays with a fed pin number

Angry why do i still get delays with a fed pin number

hi I'm new thx for having me I have a question I have a federal pin number and I still keep on getting delays I just got one today and its getting tired sum .

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Because the government is sloooooooooooooow!
    CIBMike likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I got my federal income tax refund direct deposited into my checking account and I still haven't received notification that they accepted it after it was filed online.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

VIP Member
    They laid off 4000+ people right b4 tax season and they issued incorrect 1095-A's to 800k people with O-care.

Was it through the online system or over the phone?

I've heard of the UPIN not being automatically carried over to the second person, if it goes to the next level for "further review." At least, that was the explanation given to me; it was said to have been a straying from the normal routine of information-taking. Cannot say for sure if that's actually the case though.

They do make it clear that even with a UPIN there is no guarantee of avoiding delays.

Administrator
    First, welcome to DC.com. I don't know why you're delayed, it could be a number of reasons, but it's not a concealed carry issue. Moved.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum!

Even though you are obviously an evil person that must be checked and re-checked when trying to purchase a firearm.

Have you checked for black helicopters hovering over your house?

No suggestions, here. I'm guessing the govt would have no answers either.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I have experienced a recent delay myself, and am hearing more about them all the time. News stories keep reporting gun sales are at record highs, and I somehow doubt the Gubmint has added any additional staffing to help with the extra load.
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left"

Clint Eastwood

I doubt that this is the correct area for this question, but I can't think of an area that would be correct: what the hell does "danceban" mean? Seems like half the posts here have to include it.

In the future always end the year owing them.
    Best for everyone, especially the tax payer.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I'm guessing the govt would have no answers either.
    Not necessarily.

The first time I made a purchase and was again delayed after receiving my UPIN I called up the NICS and asked WTH. The guy was actually accommodating and looked into the system and saw that my UPIN had not been run. That was when he determined that when the call went from the first level to the further review level, the UPIN was not carried along with the info. He called the gun shop to give them a proceed, and all has been good since then.

When they do a phone call, I try to stay close by to make sure they give the UPIN, and if it goes to further review, to make sure they give it again. Once I caught a guy messing up the UPIN and had to correct him- he left out a "0". Little things like that can be the problem.

VIP Member
    It would depend on more than one factor. One is your state. If your state acts as point of contact for background checks, your FFL is not dealing directly with NICS and a UPIN may or may not help. Handguns typically will cause some delays even with NICS, with or without a UPIN. The time of day, the day of the week and frequency of handgun purchases can also be a factor. Multiple handgun purchases can also cause delays. Typically though most NICS checks phoned in take less than 5 minutes.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by NMCCW View Post
    I doubt that this is the correct area for this question, but I can't think of an area that would be correct: what the hell does "danceban" mean? Seems like half the posts here have to include it.

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    I have experienced a recent delay myself, and am hearing more about them all the time. News stories keep reporting gun sales are at record highs, and I somehow doubt the Gubmint has added any additional staffing to help with the extra load.
    I'm sure that Commodore 64 they use is working overtime.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Around here (Virginia) a UPIN doesn't make things run faster, it just thwarts a untoward denial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links