Waiting on ffl license now

This is a discussion on Waiting on ffl license now within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So first thing hello guys.. second thing had my interview with my inspector little over 3 weeks ago. I have all my paperwork in order ...

Thread: Waiting on ffl license now

So first thing hello guys.. second thing had my interview with my inspector little over 3 weeks ago. I have all my paperwork in order and am just waiting now.. just curious is there a way to decode your last 5 digits of your number of license so I can check it on ffl ez check. I have a number on my ffl checklist but not sure if this is part of it or just curious if I need to grow some patience haha

Also am home based for now gonna be building shop in the future what are some of the best distributors u guys work with and also who has best prices. Looks like Williams shooting supply is highly recommended from what I have read. And Lipseys as well but am always looking for advice. Thanks guys

Just be patient little one... :)

The holidays slow things up, but 4-6 weeks is normal. Your IOI probably told you about when you'd get it.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LOL welcome from Ohio

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I know I have to have patience but damn. Just want to get rolling my generation blood is kicking in and want stuff now haha. But need to whine about it and get a participation award for it haha

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggow12 View Post
    I know I have to have patience but damn. Just want to get rolling my generation blood is kicking in and want stuff now haha. But need to whine about it and get a participation award for it haha
    It seems every inspector is trained about the same but industry Industry Operations differs some from region to region.

When my inspector came for an interview she was carrying a large packet. She first inspected my premises. We sat and talked tor another hour, had a cup of coffee and then she pulled out the Federal Regulations book. She went over it in detail and then asked if I had any questions. After that, she discussed a couple items on my application. One question was about hours of operation. The other was about storage. She made a few hand notations and then pulled out my license. She asked me to sign and date it, shook hands with me and wished me success.

I was an 01-FFL when she left that day.

If you have been waiting since your interview, there had to have been a reason. The interview is normally the final step in the process. I'd probably call Industry Operations and have a chat with them about their procedure.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    It seems every inspector is trained about the same but industry Industry Operations differs some from region to region.

When my inspector came for an interview she was carrying a large packet. She first inspected my premises. We sat and talked tor another hour, had a cup of coffee and then she pulled out the Federal Regulations book. She went over it in detail and then asked if I had any questions. After that, she discussed a couple items on my application. One question was about hours of operation. The other was about storage. She made a few hand notations and then pulled out my license. She asked me to sign and date it, shook hands with me and wished me success.

I was an 01-FFL when she left that day.

If you have been waiting since your interview, there had to have been a reason. The interview is normally the final step in the process. I'd probably call Industry Operations and have a chat with them about their procedure.
    It's been a 4-6 week wait for quite a while, the application is reviewed by a supervisor before being submitted. At least in the three regions I'm familiar with.

Jeff

I guess I will wait patiently still was 4 weeks yesterday. But I guess patience is a virtue

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weaselfire View Post
    It's been a 4-6 week wait for quite a while, the application is reviewed by a supervisor before being submitted. At least in the three regions I'm familiar with.

Jeff

Heck, I went through a change of premises in the same region last year. It was almost like starting over but when the inspector came to have a look at the new place she had my new license with her.

The only time I had any wait was with a previous license renewal. They sent me a letter saying that they were backed up and that the letter was good until I received my renewal. One distributor balked and said they weren't sure if they could honor it so I called Industry Operations. The lady at ATF recognized me and said, Oh I know you, I see your name all the time. She said, we are really backed up but for you I'll get it right out to you. I had my new license in 2 or 3 days. It kind of surprised me. I thanked her for her kindness. I have always had good relations with ATF in the St. Louis office. I know though one region over from me in Kansas City, they aren't as nice to work with.

Still, I don't think it hurts to a call with any questions.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

GR
    Here in FL I waited 83 days
    Enjoy range/practice time till it comes!

I would love some range time but it is -23 below zero air temperature tonight without and wind chill and oh did I mention that 50 inches of pesky snow

Just an update still haven't received license yet but talked to my nice agent who did interview and said they mailed everything to the processing center so should be any day now hopefully

Sponsored Links