Going Gunzilla - Page 3

Going Gunzilla

This is a discussion on Going Gunzilla within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Mine just came today along with Weapon Shield in the mail. I was going to use Gunzilla to clean and Weapon Shield for lube. I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going Gunzilla

Mine just came today along with Weapon Shield in the mail.

I was going to use Gunzilla to clean and Weapon Shield for lube.

I also have a can of Gun Scrubber and Hoppes #9.

However, my wife hates the smell of Hoppes. Personally, I like to sit around and sniff Hoppes.

My wife notices when her toothbrush smells like Hoppes #9; she doesn't notice when I use Gunzilla. I love the stuff!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    My wife notices when her toothbrush smells like Hoppes #9; she doesn't notice when I use Gunzilla. I love the stuff!
    Now THAT's funny!!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    My wife notices when her toothbrush smells like Hoppes #9; she doesn't notice when I use . I love the stuff!
    and Gunzilla is non toxic too
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I'm officially converted!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I spray it down the barrel and let it soak while spraying rest of gun down slide frame etc,then I scrub with a brush and wipe down,then run a bore brush thru barrel and then patches,I usually use grease on slide rails and reassemble,rack slide several times wipe gun down with a clean rag and then reload and holster if It's my carry gun.After buying the 8 oz. spray bottle I just bought a 16 oz refill bottle about a month ago,but still have about 1/3 of the other still left after about a year
    So I've been using Gunzilla now for a little while following the procedure above. I was skeptical at first, but after using it several times on several of my weapons I've got to say it becomes faster and easier with repeated use. Guns don't get as dirty and they are easier to clean. Quick and easy one product process. I'm officially converted!

Use it...like it...recommend it (don't quote me on that!).
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

I've this ---><--- close to ordering a bottle and giving it a try. I've no problems with my current cleaning and oiling, save smell. I can't stand it. I'll most likely still use HTG on the slide rails.

Edit: Ordered.
    SA Loaded 1911
    XD45 Service
    XDs45

I was happy with what I used, but now it seems so much easier and faster with one product. Now I just need to find a pistol bore snake for 9mm and 40. I still use a thin coat of gun grease on the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by mech View Post
    I'll most likely still use HTG on the slide rails.
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I still use a thin coat of gun grease on the rails.
    I did that but as I understand it once you clean with Gunzilla you leave a lubricating protective film on your weapon. Gunzilla will work at breaking down whatever lubricant you put on top of it.
    You might want to do the same test I did. Clean your weapon with Gunzilla wipe it down. Add a drop or two of Gunzilla as a lubricant and leave it on wet if it will make you feel better. I used to. Go shoot your gun pay attention to how it shoots. Is it sticking, gritty or hotter feeling? Or is it smoother, cooler running? After every mag break it down look for signs of wear especially on those areas that you know show wear. See anything new? Keep shooting until you see signs of wear or you run out of ammo. My bet is you will run out of ammo first.

I did that with every single one of my guns. They all ran smoother cleaner and cooler with just Gunzilla. Even the AR and 10/22. Now I run all my guns dry with just Gunzilla saves me a few cents and a couple of maintenance steps. Plus they are all even easier to clean as there is not any residual oil or any of the dust, grit, and dirt that oil/lubricants attracts to remove

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by rickmn50 View Post
    Use it...like it...recommend it (don't quote me on that!).
    Opps

OK...you people convinced me...just ordered an 8 oz to try it.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Well I have a gripe about Gunzilla! I was told an 8oz bottle would last me a long time because you don't need to use much. Yeah right! Whenever I try to put just a skosh on 1 little spot, the spray thing hangs then I get a lot. I'm looking for a very small drop squeeze bottle to use instead. Oh the stuff is great, the spray thing sucks! Tip: since you have to pay shipping, buy the 8oz or larger size.

Yep, the sprayer is hard to control. I've used some alternative methods of applying. I've also noticed I liked it more on subsequent cleanings than the first time I cleaned my guns with it. After the first cleaning, I was like, "I don't see anything special about it." The second cleaning I was more impressed and got more impressed with it in subsequent ones.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I got the bottle with the little twist top and use Q-Tips to apply in tight spaces. I don't like anything in a spray bottle, very wasteful.
    I haven't been out to the range is a fews weeks to see how the stuff works after the initial cleaning session. It's too hot. Hard to focus when sweat is dribbling in the eyes. The jury is still out on Gunzilla at this point. No smell is a big positive, but effectiveness hasn't been determined yet, for me.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links