Going Gunzilla

Going Gunzilla

This is a discussion on Going Gunzilla within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; So I've been using CLP and Remoil and it has been fine. After reading all of the regs on here using Gunzilla religiously, I just ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going Gunzilla

Going Gunzilla

So I've been using CLP and Remoil and it has been fine. After reading all of the regs on here using Gunzilla religiously, I just ordered some instead of buying more of the other products. Everyone says it's all they use and it's great. So that is it? One product does it all? Just spray some in the chamber (or chambers and bbl of revolvers) and run a brush and then a patch through them? No solvent? Rub down everything inside and out and you're done? Sounds too easy, but if it works, then I'm all for it. Any feedback from regular users is appreciated. It'll be here in a few days. Thanks.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I spray it down the barrel and let it soak while spraying rest of gun down slide frame etc,then I scrub with a brush and wipe down,then run a bore brush thru barrel and then patches,I usually use grease on slide rails and reassemble,rack slide several times wipe gun down with a clean rag and then reload and holster if It's my carry gun.After buying the 8 oz. spray bottle I just bought a 16 oz refill bottle about a month ago,but still have about 1/3 of the other still left after about a year
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yep, moving to Gunzilla too. Ordering a bottle this week.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I'm a regular user. Use it exclusively on everything I have. I'll become a local dealer shortly.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I'm interested too. The army moved to CLP on almost everything now; I think they replaced over 30 solvents and cleaners with CLP. So I am interested in the difference with Gunzilla.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

VIP Member
    Yah - I've started drinking the Gunzilla-flavored Kool Aid too.

I still put a dab of slightly heavier Hoppes (or motor oil) on the slide rails when I'm done. Old habits die hard...

I ordered some not too long ago and used it on my EDC and shotgun. It worked fine for my pistol but my semi-auto shotgun wouldn't come clean with it. Where the gas blows off down onto the tube and the components of the gas system just didn't get soaked in well enough to scrub it clean.

After trying and failing with the Gunzilla I used the Rem 40x bore cleaner and it comes off with still some scrubbing.

Then I read the directions with the Gunzilla saying hard areas may need to sit and soak for a while, I didn't allow it to do that so next time I will try it again. I did go back and coat all those places with the Gunzilla after it was cleaned because on the directions it says that after cleaning with it, it won't get as dirty while in use and also be easier to clean subsequently.

So we'll see how that works and i'll let you all know what I find.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton

I use to have to clean my guns outside or in the garage because of the strong odor the solvents gave off. Not so with Gunzilla, now I can clean them in the house without choking the family.

Plus, it's a lot easier.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I purchased the 16 oz. and the 1.9 oz. spray bottle. I love this stuff.

I have used it on my Taurus PT145 and it was easier to use than anything I have tried before. I have also used it on my bolt action and my pump action shotgun.
    First off, just let it soak. It will get under all of the crud that is left behind and then it comes out very clean. It to me is the best in the business in regards to no odor, no toxic chemicals soaking into your skin and getting stored in your body fat or ease of use etc.
    It makes my guns super smooth and Gunzilla won't hurt your polymer or wood on any of your guns. I recommend, if you have access to it, an air compressor. I sprayed some into the action/trigger mechanism etc where I couldn't access without dismantling and let it soak for a couple of hours, then I blew it out with a pistol grip air gun with a fairly small nozzle. This got the inside of the gun looking like brand new. When I was given the Taurus, it had been neglected and it was pretty dirty. It seriously looks just like new now, except for the holster wear.
    I have since used CLP when I was out of Gunzilla and it is a noticeable difference. I can smell my gun when I am wearing it, even though it is OWB in a holster and Gunzilla has no odor. Also, the action isn't anywhere near as smooth. I have to use oil on the action to get the same smoothness, but then that attracts dust etc. GZ leaves a waterproof dry film on your gun that is all of the lube I need.

I am 100% sold on GZ, for life.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Does it smell as good as hopps #9 or clp? Sometimes when I am out of Polo I use a little hopps or clp, drives the wife crazy. We end up spending extended blissful hours shooting together. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Does it smell as good as hopps #9 or clp? Sometimes when I am out of Polo I use a little hopps or clp, drives the wife crazy. We end up spending extended blissful hours shooting together. LOL
    Smells a little like garlic to me. I don't think it smells as good as Hopps #9 but it does smell better than Remoil. Good stuff though. Really does a better job on blackpowder than soap and water.
    If you cannot stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

If you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself..."Baa."

Gunzilla does it all...
    http://www.gunzilla.us/
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by airworthy View Post
    Smells a little like garlic to me. I don't think it smells as good as Hopps #9 but it does smell better than Remoil. Good stuff though. Really does a better job on blackpowder than soap and water.
    Better? We talking real black? Can you explain what makes it better?

Michael

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I use GunZilla as my only solvent, but I still grease the rails and lock-up points with Brian Enos's SlideGlide. I shoot almost all SIGs, and SIGs need lube. The combination has been great for me.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links