Small Problem

Small Problem

This is a discussion on Small Problem within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; A little help or advice please. I've got a Ruger GP100 3 inch 357. Up till today and I've had it only about 4 months ...

Thread: Small Problem

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar

Small Problem

A little help or advice please.

I've got a Ruger GP100 3 inch 357. Up till today and I've had it only about 4 months now.

After the ranger today and clearning it. I noticed that the extraction rod seemed to be getting stuck when closing the cylinder back up (pardon me if my terms are not exactly on target folks). I've look at it closely and can't see it catching at all, but it seems to catch (not all the time) just here and there, I was thinking it might be the cylinder release button itself.

Any ideas or anyone have anything similar happen like this, it's not a constant thing, other instances, it's working fine, it's a once every 10 times it catches. I'm going to contact a gunsmith tomorrow and take it in just to make sure, but the darn thing is practically brand new and I don't feel like send it back and waiting 15 years to get it back if it's something simple, I guess I'll wait and see what he/she says first.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    shove the rod all the way down and put a drop or two of oil on it at the base of where it sticks out on the other side of the cylinder, then let it back in - work it back a forth a few times to get the oil all over the innards, and see if that helps.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    shove the rod all the way down and put a drop or two of oil on it at the base of where it sticks out on the other side of the cylinder, then let it back in - work it back a forth a few times to get the oil all over the innards, and see if that helps.
    I'll give that a try, but it seems it's stick at the base where the cylinder connects back into the frame like the cylinder release button is not releasing all the way either, it's funny, because I just can't see what it's doing, it's that dang narrow.

Thanks, I'll try that also though, even though it got a good oil up today during cleaning and I didn't completely dry it all off during it's after wipe down.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Links