The Single Best C/L/P Product I've Used

This is a discussion on The Single Best C/L/P Product I've Used within the Firearm Cleaning & Maintenance forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Hello, I was turned on to this stuff by a member of Indiana Gun Owners Forums. He made a gift of some (thanks HFB!) when ...

Thread: The Single Best C/L/P Product I've Used

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar

Hello,

I was turned on to this stuff by a member of Indiana Gun Owners Forums. He made a gift of some (thanks HFB!) when we went shooting.

Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor

I've been running it in all manner of firearms now, and it beats CLP or pretty much anything else all to heck, with just a very thin coating.

Heck, I've pretty much stopped cleaning the gas system on the SKS because, after treatment, I could find no buildup and everything stayed lubed. I just put a squirt or two in the vent holes and no longer have to worry about cleaning the gun 'til it breaks.

The 1911, .22, and a few others with slower moving bullets just get it sprayed down the barrel and run out with a bore snake.

The only downside I've found is that, after cleaning the .22 with it, it penetrates so well that it takes about 50 rounds to shoot back in vs the usual 20 or so. That's sort of a non-issue though as I keep junk ammo around for that purpose and making noise with it is fun. That, and I don't clean the barrel until accuracy falls off.

I highly recommend taking a look at this stuff. It's easy to find in farm country, and most John Deere dealerships carry it from what I've read, though with guns, one aerosol can looks to last a while.

My Breakfree CLP is standing by, unused. Fluid Film is lanolin based and is less toxic than most other CLP products, as well.

I just applied it to a gun, and no matter how many times I wash my hands, or with what, I can't get it to come off. My fingers will be slick until the lanolin absorbs.

Awesome stuff. I suggest you check it out. Only runs $7 to $10 per 11.75 fl oz spray can - very competitive at that price.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua M. Smith View Post
    The only downside I've found is that, after cleaning the .22 with it, it penetrates so well that it takes about 50 rounds to shoot back in vs the usual 20 or so.
    What about on the carry gun? Does the carry gun require 50rds of shooting to get back in the grove, or what? And, what's so bad about the penetration (or whatever) that it requires "shooting back in" to be functional?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Hello,

The .22lr is an animal which requires the bore to be "seasoned" with a particular lube for ultimate accuracy.

While not generally noticeable with most iron sights, it is noticeable with target rifles.

Josh

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Interesting. I've recently started using Gunzilla, but other than smelling much better than Hoppes, the jury is still out on how well it performs. I still lightly grease the rails of my pistols.

I've heard of target rifles needing a few shot to obtain max accuracy, but 50? Man.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Just received a sample of Weapon Shield from George Fennell at Steel Shield Tech. I am looking forward to trying it out. Until now, I have used Breakfree..... I will report back about Weapon Shield.

Josh, I have been using Fluid Film for 43 years......was introduced to the product in Vietnam '67 by an old career WW2, Korea, and Nam Vet Sgt Major who first used the product when first introduced to our US Navy in 1944. He swore by the product's ability to lube, penetrate, and prevent rust in all extreme conditions, and he was correct....I never experienced any adverse problems with any of my weaponry while utilizing the product...never has a failure to feed, never had a failure to extract, never had a grit & grime build-up, and never experienced the dreaded rust. My local John Deere dealer keeps me well supplied, as the Deere Dealerships have exclusive rights to its distribution. I have reciently begun to use Gunzilla, as recommended by many on this Website, and will compare the results over an extended period of time. Although expensive, it appears that Gunzilla may be the next Fluid Film or a great substitute.

tkirk

Hi Kirk,

Glad to hear it. If it's been tested in 'Nam (thank you for your service!) then I'm sold.

I don't work for them, but I got a T-shirt. It seems they monitor gun forums and picked up my report on several of them. I directed the gent to another forum member on InGunOwners.com who introduced me to the stuff.

I've never heard of folks other than those who work for companies producing dedicated gun products keeping this type of watch on their product. It's a confidence builder there.

Josh

Sponsored Links